PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone?

harrell51
08-24-2014, 08:13 PM
After I finish doing a car I find myself unipressed by my work but the owner is always blown away. Does anyone else feel this way and why do you think it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Dereksdtail
08-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I know how you feel, I want everything to be perfect but that's not reality

main pft
08-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Yea I've had neighbors complement my car when I'm on the clay stage of a detail.

I'm thinking to myself, I still have like 4 hours to go....lol

Vegas Transplant
08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
No sir. Not me.
Today I did a simple wash using OCWC. One can literally see the polymers tranform the finish product in a matter of time. Always amazes me.

Paul A.
08-25-2014, 09:32 AM
I used to be like that but not anymore. I gave that customer exactly what they were paying for. However, that is a good way to continue to look at it. Always improving your work results should be what we all do.

silverfox
08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
As a detailer, you should always stay hungry...and never be totally satisfied. If not, its probably time to do something else.

Contact40
08-25-2014, 01:44 PM
While I was certainly impressed the first few times, I think it was because I wasn't sure how the final product was going to come out. Now that I feel I have a little more control (I'm still a bonafide noob) of the process, I don't think the results will be as jaw-dropping.

Also, I've noticed the change from one stage to the next is sometimes so small that you really don't notice the small changes. But if you looked at a before/after shots, it would be a big difference.

nubaseal
08-25-2014, 02:02 PM
While I always stand back & admire my work but I have never been completely satisfied.

kamakanani0
08-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Not alone my friend same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STPETEDALE
08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
I actually was admiring a BMW last week that looked almost flawless. I figured the owner or his detailer really knew what they were doing to achieve such a finish. It kinda motivated me to do a little extra on current customers car.I realized several hours later that I had just detailed that BMW a couple weeks earlier. While I was happy with final product I remember thinking it was just ok. It was pretty funny that I was impressed with someone else's work that turned out to be mine.

Niblick
08-27-2014, 07:08 PM
secretly i think we're all a little OCD ;). not only are you not alone, you're actually in very good company :dblthumb2:

dcjredline
08-27-2014, 08:27 PM
For the most part I am also not as impressed as the owners are. I figured its just the way it has to be. lol

BillE
08-28-2014, 07:20 AM
I almost always have an ahh s**t moment when finished. It is something that 99.999% of the population would not see, but WE WOULD (and do).

Bill