PDA

View Full Version : Lets chat about 303 on interiors...

Rez90
08-24-2014, 07:02 PM
I used it on two of my cars interiors this weekend an i must say while it smells kinda gross it looks really nice on leather and other interior surfaces. I had had a bottle sitting for a long time and never used it.

I like it a lot.

anyone else use it on interiors on a regular basis?

What else do you guys use it for?

Thanks.

Audios S6
08-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I use 303 occasionally on interiors, but since trying PERL, it is now my go-to for interiors.

I still love using 303 in the engine bay though. I tend to be heavy handed in the engine bay and 303 has never caused me any trouble when applied very liberally there.

DaHen
08-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Use 303 on the interior of the doors but find it a bit to shiny for the dash. I save the dash for Perl, watered down.

BrandonS
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I use 303 aerospace protectant on my dashes and it is amazing on boat interiors. My dad leaves his pontoon uncovered for 3-4 days at a time and we apply it about once a month. You can tell there is still protectant on but we give it a good cleaning and reapply . It goes on fast and is not greasy like some I have used over the years. I just go back from vacation with my boat and left in uncovered the whole week because I need a new cover. I protected it with 303 aerospace and All I had to do to clean when I got home was use a damp towel with a mist of water and good as new. I have been using this stuff the last 3 summers and I love it. I use it on my old trucks dash before vacation too.

mcochris
08-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Try the 1Z products if you want something that smells nice.

Desertnate
08-25-2014, 08:24 AM
I use it on the entire interior of my vehicles. All the vinyl, plastic, and coated leather gets a coating about every third wash. I love the stuff.

I also use it on the weather seals around the doors to keep them from drying out and squeaking.

HUMP DIESEL
08-25-2014, 09:23 AM
I actually put it on my dash this time around. It does have a bit more sheen to it that 1Z Cockpit, but it is not bad, and it should protect better sitting outside all day.

HUMP

Pats300zx
08-25-2014, 09:36 AM
I use it all the time on my boat interior vinyl. It's great stuff !!!

Tato
08-25-2014, 09:43 AM
I use it on interior as well, on a regular basis.

I see it non-greasy and very mate look, at least compared to everything else I've tried. That's why I keep using it. Customers always notice dash is protected but non-greasy and non-shiny looking, which they like a lot.

Also use it on all other interior plastic, may use on engine bay like said above, also on rubber seals...

I like it, and I don't plan on switching interior protectant soon.

Tip for achieving an uniform matte finish is to wipe it on, and immediately wipe it clean with another towel.

It's not 100% Dust Resistant, but it may slow down dust build up on interior, which is also a great feature. Further cleansing and reapplication is a breeze.

Kind Regards.

Desertnate
08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
I actually put it on my dash this time around. It does have a bit more sheen to it that 1Z Cockpit, but it is not bad, and it should protect better sitting outside all day.

HUMP

In my experience, if you buff it off it will leave a matte finish.

Pats300zx
08-25-2014, 10:40 AM
In my experience, if you buff it off it will leave a matte finish.

It's also great on engine plastics. I spray on and walk away. :xyxthumbs:

sphell
08-26-2014, 12:01 AM
I bought some 303 after reading rave reviews about it, it's great on external plastic trim and brings it up like new, however I did find it shinier than expected on the dash. It does dull down a bit if you buff the dash after wiping off the initial application. I bought 1Z Cockpit Premium for my wife's Mercedes - the 303 would have been way too shiny for that dash IMO. I have a Kia with lots of hard plastics so the 303's sheen isn't too bad on that car. I would love to try the Sonax dash cleaner as that looks like it would fall somewhere in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishyX
08-27-2014, 05:24 PM
For years I used it on my tires because of the matte finish it would leave. Got kinda expensive so I switched to Natural Shine. Can't stand shiny tires!!!! I only use 303 on interiors these days.

mcochris
08-27-2014, 10:49 PM
I used to use the 303 product but found that 1Z plastic protection product "sticks" better and lasts longer.

Brunkel
08-29-2014, 10:53 PM
I use 1z cockpit premium as my maintenance interior cleaner...love how it freshens up everything...and then I apply 303 to the dash and tops of door panels every 3rd wash or so for added protection against the UV rays. Supposedly 1z CP has UV protection too but I've always trusted 303 for protection!