PDA

View Full Version : Any shelf life to ONR once mixed?

draganer
08-24-2014, 10:33 AM
After experimenting with ONR and the GDWM, I found there's plenty of ONR solution left in my clean ONR mix bucket and pre-rinse spray bottle. It was all mixed at a ratio for rinseless wash. The spray bottle has been closed and the wash bucket has been sealed with a lid. Can this stuff be re-used for the next wash session after sitting untouched for a while? And is there any "shelf life" to to the mixed solution?

In this case for me it's been a week. I'd like to wash my car today and was wondering if the ONR mixed solution can be reused? Can it perhaps be re-purposed to mix in my regular car wash shampoo bucket if I choose to do a 2BM wash method today?

Thanks everyone! -Mike

AutowerxDetailing
08-24-2014, 10:45 AM
After experimenting with ONR and the GDWM, I found there's plenty of ONR solution left in my clean ONR mix bucket and pre-rinse spray bottle. It was all mixed at a ratio for rinseless wash. The spray bottle has been closed and the wash bucket has been sealed with a lid. Can this stuff be re-used for the next wash session after sitting untouched for a while? And is there any "shelf life" to to the mixed solution?

In this case for me it's been a week. I'd like to wash my car today and was wondering if the ONR mixed solution can be reused? Can it perhaps be re-purposed to mix in my regular car wash shampoo bucket if I choose to do a 2BM wash method today?

Thanks everyone! -Mike

Yes it can be reused. Sometimes if you leave ONR mixed with tap water in a bottle it will turn clear; however, it is still good to use.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

FUNX650
08-24-2014, 03:28 PM
From this thread:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/77789-shelf-life-onr-once-mixed.html

I received these replies from Chris Thomas:

"If you control the environment, it should last until you use it. Use distilled water and keep the container sealed and it will work until you see mold in it or it smells like sour water."

I also asked about using RO water instead of distilled, and whether it would be less effective:

"Filtered water should be fine. Mold grows from microbes introduced or already in the solution so just control what contacts it."

Thanks, Chris!

Bob