PDA

View Full Version : New Microfiber wash mitts and towels - need to wash before using?

Exploder
08-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Does one need to machine wash new microfiber products before first use or are they ok to use out of the package?

I'm specifically talking about a wash mitt and drying towels.

Thanks!

cfiiman
08-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Yes, it removes manufacturing chemicals and any debris they might have got from being "stocked" in the store. They may be ok, but why risk a wash, better safe than sorry IMO.

Swift
08-24-2014, 10:34 AM
I think you can use them straight out of package. I used mine.

DaHen
08-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Wash em.
Heck, I even soak first with a All Purpose Cleaner for awhile rite out of the package. Then throw them in the washer.

Kamakaz1961
08-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Wash them do not take the chance of any chemicals or dirt or anything hile packaging, shipping, etc the MF towels

Better safe than sorry

Mizzoutiger
08-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Wash them do not take the chance of any chemicals or dirt or anything hile packaging, shipping, etc the MF towels

Better safe than sorry
:iagree:

jamesboyy
08-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Wash them before usage with a microfiber detergent when I first started out I did the same use them straight out the package but have found that washing them beforehand increase there softness, adosostion, absorption etc IME

TurboToys
08-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Wash them before usage with a microfiber detergent when I first started out I did the same use them straight out the package but have found that washing them beforehand increase there softness, adosostion, absorption etc IME

well depending on how you ge them, the packaging could have just matted down the fibers.

i don't see the harm in washing them right out of th epackage, i can't say i did that for mine. but i can definitely see the benefit, so why not right.