PDA

View Full Version : LC H-20's - w/ Wolfgang Products and Flex

Bigfootbo
08-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I went all in with a Flex DA, and Wolfgang products. Along with the shipment came 3 color LC H20 "smart" foam pads, Cyan; Tangerine & Red from AG.

Is their a chart to match up each LC H20 smart pad color with Wolfgang products? If not, is cyan to be used with Uber 2.0 and swirl remover? Tangerine with finishing glaze 3.0? and red with sealant?

Also, to remove prior work (wax, sealant, etc.) to start over will just claying it work?

Thanks again from Denver

allenk4
08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
If only it were that easy....

Lake country has a spreadsheet on their website that shows pad aggressiveness and there is a chart on the Forum that ranks polish aggressiveness (search Helme, aggressiveness)

LC description is also on the AGO store page

Generally, you are correct: Cyan with Uber and TSR, Tangerine with FG

But, I suggest that, because the WG products use diminishing abrasives, you can try some interesting combos:

Uber on Tangerine
TSR on Cyan

It all depends on what Your Paint is telling you when you do the Test Spot

FG is a very light finishing polish. It works well on soft paint to eliminate minor DA haze left by TSR. On other paint it is difficult to see much improvement after FG. Make sure you do your Test Spot thru all the planned steps to confirm that each additional step is "worth the squeeze"

Have Fun

Bigfootbo
08-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Thank you Allenk4 for the advice - good stuff. Now I've got to figure out soft vs hard paint and how to do a test spot. You professionals certainly deserve every dollar you charge! I'm just a weekend warrior hobby guy with a ton to learn...

allenk4
08-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you Allenk4 for the advice - good stuff. Now I've got to figure out soft vs hard paint and how to do a test spot. You professionals certainly deserve every dollar you charge! I'm just a weekend warrior hobby guy with a ton to learn...

The Test Spot will tell you if your paint is soft or hard. Do not listed to anyone who tells you that because it's a Mustang it has X Type of clear on it and you should use product X. The Test Spot is the only thing that matters.

If it is "Soft"...and there are all levels of "Soft" clear coat

If it is considered 'soft", it will correct easily with relatively less aggressive polishes

With the products you have on hand; if it is "soft", swirls should correct with TSR and a White CCS pad. If it is even softer, it will correct with TSR, but will leave haze that requires FG on a Black/Grey pad to clear up

For the record, I do not do this for a living. I have had quite a bit of training down at Meguair's HQ and I have learned a ton from this Forum.

Mike Phillips has a great thread on the Forum on using the FLEX. It is my favorite machine. Paired with the CCS Pads, WG Polishes and proper Technique...I have no doubt you will get great results

Have Fun