PDA

View Full Version : Improvised AOI?

expdetailing
08-22-2014, 03:25 PM
I am curious to ask if anyone has ever tried to make there own version of an All In One. I assume if you mixed a paint sealer with a polish that there would be some sort of protection, yet the protection may not last as long than if the sealant was used as a stand alone in a separate step by its self. Any thoughts or opinions?

Mike Phillips
08-22-2014, 03:30 PM
I've seen LOTS of people try this in my life. Both on the Internet and in the real world before the Internet.

What I've noticed in the real world, during the time before the Internet where information was not available at the >click< of a mouse button, the guys trying to invent their own cleaner/wax by mixing some company's polish with the same company's wax/sealant or a different company's wax/sealant was in most cases they didn't know the product they were trying to invent already existed. (they just didn't know about it).

Or they thought they new more than the chemist.

I've even tried it a long time ago... I mixed #11 with #20

:dunno:

FUNX650
08-22-2014, 03:31 PM
I am curious to ask if anyone has ever tried to make there own version of an All In One. I assume if you mixed a paint sealer with a polish that there would be some sort of protection, yet the protection may not last as long than if the sealant was used as a stand alone in a separate step by its self. Any thoughts or opinions?
What if it was a "cleaner-wax AIO"...
instead of a "cleaner-sealant AIO"?

Bob

allenk4
08-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Chemicals Fighting in a Bottle...

Hey, out of the way...I'm here to clean...well too bad, I'm here to protect...you two are idiots...I'm here to remove these darn scratches