PDA

View Full Version : Products / Techniques for white top & interior

ComputerChip
08-22-2014, 09:56 AM
I recently acquired a 90 Mustang convertible. Its the "7 up" model, for those that know foxes, so it has a white convertible top and white leather interior. It I've been using the same cleaners and protectants that I would on any car, mostly Meguiar's and Lexol, with OK results, but the surfaces seem to have a slight dingy to them even right after cleaning.

I'm curious if there are any products or tips/techniques specific to working with white vinyl and leather.

Guessless
08-22-2014, 11:10 AM
First welcome to AGO :welcome:, at least on your first post.

I've got a white vinyl hardtop and been using 303 protectant topped with Sonax BSD. So far so good as my car is rarely driven and doesn't see much rain, but then read about Raggtopp protectant and everybody recommending that, raggtopp is much more durable apparently as the 303 is water based and won't stand up to rain.

For my leather seats, two tone white/Navy, I use Sonax leather can spray as it both cleans & protects. You have many choices for the seats i.e.. Wolfgang or Pinnacle protectants. Just clean your seats more often if they get dirty then use those protectants. You can get a free sample with your next purchase over $95 too. :props: