PDA

View Full Version : Silver paunt

mike02vr6
08-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi hopefully right spot for this question, I have 2013 Maxima it's silver, I am trying to find the best way to get the paint to shine really nice, can I get it to look like a deep shine like darker colors?
Thanks
Mike

01GreyStangGT
08-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I go back and forth between Blackfire Wet Diamond and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Seaant 3.0. Synthetics work better for light paints.

mike02vr6
08-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks I will have to check it out

mwoolfso
08-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi hopefully right spot for this question, I have 2013 Maxima it's silver, I am trying to find the best way to get the paint to shine really nice, can I get it to look like a deep shine like darker colors?
Thanks
Mike

In my humble opinion, you cannot get a deep shine with silver as you can with black. You won't get the level of depth due to the optics involved. That said, you CAN get silver to pop in it's own right. A typical detail will do wonders for you. With a 2013 you shouldn't need to go to any extremes to correct the paint, so a nice polish and sealant or wax from AGO will do wonders.

I won't disagree that synthetics may have an edge with lighter paints, but to say that across every vehicle known to man right now is extreme. At some point personal preference will prevail.

Personally speaking, with the silvers I have ran into.... I have sealed with Mother's Step 2 and Collinite 915 and OMG the reflection was awesome.

FUNX650
08-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Before an LSP application...
You first need to make the paint finish as smooth as you can. This can be done by the following steps:

•Using a decontamination system consisting of:
-First...a vehicle wash & dry
-Second...an IronX type product
-Third...clay (determined by "The Baggie Test")

•Follow this with:
-A paint inspection to determine paint "condition".
-If it's deemed the paint condition needs some correction:
"Test Spot" to determine liquids/pads/tools/technique
-Once paint condition meets your level of satisfaction:

•Seal the paint with your favorite Last Step Product (LSP).
-(You didn't mention the price range you are comfortable with)

•I don't remember where/when I first heard this phrase, but, IMO...it is the truth:
-"The Pop is in the Prep"!!

Bob

Tector
08-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Absolutely, Bob. No LSP will ever make a poorly prepped car pop. I've tried for years to no avail. Once you have the shine the LSP keeps it that way.

Jeff

custmsprty
08-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I go back and forth between Blackfire Wet Diamond and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Seaant 3.0. Synthetics work better for light paints.

Both of those are awesome and I use them on light colored cars and thye are very durable. BFWD lasted through the summer down here in Florida, which is saying alot based upon the heat and rain, car is not garged either.

Desertnate
08-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Personally speaking, with the silvers I have ran into.... I have sealed with Mother's Step 2 and Collinite 915 and OMG the reflection was awesome.

The more I read, it sounds like 915 will make any color look amazing.

I've gone both the sealant and wax direction with a silver car with two different results. The wax lead to the car having a rich glossy glow, while the sealant really brought out the metal flake and gave it a reflective, glassy shine. Both looked good. It all depends on how you want the vehicle to look.

mike02vr6
08-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, I don't want to break the bank, but I can spend money to keep it nice. Desert nate, which one makes the silver flakes shine?

Desertnate
08-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, I don't want to break the bank, but I can spend money to keep it nice. Desert nate, which one makes the silver flakes shine?

The best results I've achieved like that was with Klasse All In One topped with Klasse Sealant Glaze. On both silver and a high flake content graphite grey, it looks great. It's the only sealant I've used, but it's a really good one. The Blackfire and Wolfgang already mentioned have a good reputation as well, I've just never had a chance to try them out.