PDA

View Full Version : TV shows with cars

David Hayward
08-22-2014, 09:01 AM
So I'm watching this Desert Car Kings show on velocity network and the paint and finish work on their cars they restore is so bad. Does anyone else cringe when watching all these new shows popping up with people flipping cars?

I see so many swirls and holograms and massive orange peel and beyond that terrible body work and lack of detail on the work.

Setec Astronomy
08-22-2014, 09:11 AM
It's really the same as the usual car show (not tv show, physical car show) where virtually every car is a swirled out mess.

David Hayward
08-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Some of the real high end stuff typically looks good like overhauling I think. They seem to do a better job or they just have awesome camera work to hide it.

Charger12
08-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Desert Car Kings has to be the worst of them!

Klasse Act
08-22-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm tired of all the flipping cars shows, its like all the cop, doctor, lawyer shows on today! The worst show of all time was "South Beach Classics"! There was another show that lasted only one season that was actually funny. It had these 3 Italian guys and there was a sign behind the desk that said "Take the car, leave the canoli". Any reference to "GodFather" is a plus in my book!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

novaman
08-22-2014, 01:01 PM
I kind of liked the show "South Beach Classics. The main dude was quite the wheeler dealer. Or maybe it was his wife that I liked watching. She could wheel deal, too!

novaman

Black Bowtie
08-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Desert Car Kings has to be the worst of them!

I do wish I had a boneyard with all the classics and parts they have though.

kevin_1981
08-22-2014, 02:26 PM
AGO has ruined watching the Mecum Auto Auctions. All i see is bad paint!!!