PDA

View Full Version : Need a product in the arsenal to remove surface scratches

Hella JDM
08-21-2014, 10:20 PM
I have a great selection of sealants and waxes, but unfortunately due to my opt products separating, as well as some other products that might do the job drying out, I have have to pick up new stuff. I love DGPS so I wouldn't mind keeping it in the family so to speak. The only real product I have right now that could do anything is GPS. Would GPS on an orange CCS pad work?

Hella JDM
08-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Would Wolfgang Swirl Remover or Finishing Glaze 3.0 work well for light scratches?

nubaseal
08-21-2014, 10:42 PM
GPS is fantastic. Even my polish II separated and hence I am no longer buying OPT polishes.

Hella JDM
08-21-2014, 10:46 PM
I was sent GPS for free because my Polish II separated as well.

How are the Chemical Guys "V" series stuff as far as my needs go? Anything in that series that is good for light scratch removal before applying a wax or sealant?

builthatch
08-21-2014, 10:58 PM
the OPT hyper spray twins store well. they separate a little bit and go back with mild shaking.

it doesn't hurt that they are almost exclusively what i use at this point, so i'm glad they store so well. i think Hyper polish spray would be a good choice for what you want...you'd just need to use an appropriate pad since it's very flexible.

i also use Poli-seal to clean up coated cars that have stubborn water spots...and that will separate if you don't shake it every once in a while whilst in storage.

i think if i had issues with Poli-seal i'd try GPS for the same purpose but i didn't like GPS when using it as an AIO on uncoated paint.

Hazcat
08-21-2014, 11:10 PM
The heat will beat up poliseal and GPS. I've kept all my other Optimum polishes in the air conditioning. WG swirl remover is your best shot but it sounds like you need to purchase something for your scratches. FG 400 comes to mind. It will finish out with swirl remover. What color of car are you working on?

Hella JDM
08-21-2014, 11:13 PM
White and silver metallic cars. I am not sure if I can achieve this, but I would love something that would remove fine surface scratches before waxing or sealing. I would love to avoid 2 steps if I can. What about PF 2500?