PDA

View Full Version : Another "need help with my business name" thread!

bmwahba39
08-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums but I have been lurking for quite some time now to learn as much as I can going into this.

I've always had an interest in detailing, and finally I've decided it's time to pursue that interest and give this a shot.

I am 17 years old and I am still in school, however, I have decided it's time that I need to make some more money than what I am currently making and I found this would be the best option for me. I have some business experience, growing up in a business oriented family, as my father owns a printing company and all of my uncles also own businesses.

Anyways, enough about myself, the reason for this post is because I need to come up with a name for my business before I start my advertising and marketing. I live in a relatively small town, but I am about 30-40 minutes from a few larger cities. However, there are no detailers in my current area, at least that I know of.

Here's a few names I've come up with, but not limited to, as I really want some more suggestions. I've read Mikes guide and I've tried my best to incorporate those guidelines into these names but still, I'm really indecisive.

Premier Image Auto Detailing
Pinnacle Auto Detailing
Reflective Aspects Auto Detailing (found this on this forum as a suggestion)

Can't think of anything else. I'm unsure if I should incorporate my name or not, so hoping to hear some feedback. Thanks for your time!:xyxthumbs:

Cosmin
08-21-2014, 11:29 PM
you gonna carry the name , so it has to be your call.
i suggest something easy to remember and simple.

if you plan have a 1-2 person business , go with something that has more personal touch , if you plan to grow the business than go with something more formal , or related with the area you wanna cover.

thebamboo23
08-21-2014, 11:45 PM
I actually wrote an article about this:
Choose Your Car Detailing Business Name – (http://www.detailsummit.com/choose-your-car-detailing-business-name/)

but if you're thinking of a business name as your first step into a business... you're doing something wrong

Kengo123
08-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Those names sound higher end. Do you plan on doing higher end work? Do any of those names sound like how you want your business to be?

Brand yourself according to your market, and tailor everything to your target audience, especially from the start. Don't assume things either. Do your research.

bmwahba39
08-22-2014, 07:01 AM
I actually wrote an article about this:
Choose Your Car Detailing Business Name – (http://www.detailsummit.com/choose-your-car-detailing-business-name/)

but if you're thinking of a business name as your first step into a business... you're doing something wrong

Not really the first step, it's just the next step from where I'm currently at, and I just wanted some feedback on names, that's all!

I'd like to focus on more high end work but again, I do live in area that isn't all that large and the high end market is rather small, unless I travel about 30-45 minutes.

I'm trying to come up with some names that say something about the company, i.e: In n' Out Detailing. Just an example, but that one sort of explains rather than just a name such as "Pinnacle Auto detailing"

Feed back please

Mike Phillips
08-22-2014, 08:09 AM
I've read Mikes guide

This one....

How to choose a name for your detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/22283-how-choose-name-your-detailing-business.html)

and I've tried my best to incorporate those guidelines into these names but still, I'm really indecisive.

Premier Image Auto Detailing
Pinnacle Auto Detailing
Reflective Aspects Auto Detailing (found this on this forum as a suggestion)

My recommendation is to get more simple... less words, easy to remember words, easy to spell words, easy to type words and words that tell your potential customer what's in it for them...

I can't tell what your real name is by looking at your forum nickname, can't say it, remember it, spell it or make sense of it except I think you like BMW's?

Get simple....

For anyone reading this into the future, before you join any forum and start posting under some offbeat forum nickname, read this article....

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23241-brand-yourself-brand-your-forum-nickname-brand-your-business-name.html)

I've never understood the whole nickname game...

:dunno:

thebamboo23
08-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Not really the first step, it's just the next step from where I'm currently at, and I just wanted some feedback on names, that's all!

I'd like to focus on more high end work but again, I do live in area that isn't all that large and the high end market is rather small, unless I travel about 30-45 minutes.

I'm trying to come up with some names that say something about the company, i.e: In n' Out Detailing. Just an example, but that one sort of explains rather than just a name such as "Pinnacle Auto detailing"

Feed back please

im telling you right now, your name doesn't matter

it's not going to determine absolutely anything

unless you call yourself like Advanced Paint Vehicle Correction Solutions

Then yeah, that's kinda confusing

Sals Detailing, Sals Perfect Detailing, Sals Pro Detailing, etc..

No customer will care about your name

If you want the customer to know everything you do from your name

You got your mind wrong on branding/marketing

bmwahba39
08-22-2014, 09:27 AM
My name is Mike Wahba, and since I didn't have a name yet I just didn't know what to use for my forum name. I will see if I can change it!

So to keep it simple,

Mikes A1 detail?

thebamboo23
08-22-2014, 10:32 AM
That would work

So would Mikes Pro Detail, Mikes Max Detail, Mighty Mikes Detailing, McMike Detailing, Mikes Final Detailing, Mikes Point Detailing, Mikes Detailing, The Mike Detailing

but i mean.. look at my name, it's thebamboo23 :D