PDA

View Full Version : Spots on the roof

mxmbulat
08-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Greetings,

I have a question on the nature and type of the attached white spots which I have found yesterday while working on my car (Honda Accord 2008 LX). They are found on the front side of the roof and it seems I can't take them off.

Yesterday I decided to give a bit of care to our family car and specifically:

– washed it,
– used Mother's clay bar, which has removed most of the gunk,
– used Griot's DA polisher with Griot's Machine Polish 3 (for a slight polishing since the car has not been worked, I guess, ever – I am the second owner),
– used again the polisher with Griot's Sealant to protect the paint.

The car is shiny now apart from these spots.

I am enumerating all these steps to show that I have passed the area with the spots at least several times and no step has removed these spots.

I found Mike's article on removing water spots but I am so uncertain on what type of water spots those might be if they are indeed water spots. I would really appreciate if someone could help in identifying these spots.

allenk4
08-21-2014, 01:19 PM
The good news is that the clay removed most of the gunk, this make me believe that the majority of he issue is above surface contamination

You might try a cleaner wax

You might try the steps suggested by MP on water spot removal

You might try CarPro Spotless- water spot remover

Lots of options

Good Luck

Post your "Afters"

mxmbulat
08-21-2014, 02:20 PM
thanks. I am just confirming that these look as water spots and then I could work on them as per instructions found in that how-to article written by Mike. I always thought that my car does not have no water spots. Wrong was I!

wdmaccord
08-21-2014, 04:32 PM
I would say yes. These look like typical spots from an irrigation system that sprayed your car, then the water drops baked in the sun.

allenk4
08-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Even if it turns out to not be water spots....one of the suggested steps to correct WS will likely correct whatever it is

Sicoupe
08-21-2014, 08:38 PM
I would say yes. These look like typical spots from an irrigation system that sprayed your car, then the water drops baked in the sun.I agree.

mxmbulat
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Thank you all. I will take care of this then.