PDA

View Full Version : mequiars vs wolfgang and wheel care

GLS0628
08-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I am a first time user of a 6"GG that i just purchased. I am looking for some advice on light compounds and polishes that I can use with this DA. I would like to know some opinions on using the products on 4 everyday drivers. I am not in the detail business but am a weekend warrior that enjoys keeping cars clean and in good condition. I am considering M105/M205 combo vs the Wolfgang TSR 3.0/finishing glaze 3.0. After researching seams like I might be better in using Meguiars Ultimate Compound instead of M105 being a 1st time user. That is no problem as I can pick that up anywhere at anytime. There is no bundle with that product so I would have to add it separate which is not a problem if that would be a better option for novice.

As far as waxes I got the recommendation of Pinnacle Souverän for dark colors and Wolfgang Füzion for light colors. Not sure I am needing $100 waxes at this point. Any other suggestions for waxes for everyday drivers?

Last question is regarding wheels. I have a 96 chevy pickup with what looks like stained spots on the wheels that will not come off with wash or polish. I assume it is damage from brake dust and other items. Besides washing the wheel what products are available for the wheels that I can apply after they as cleaned? Can i just use any polish that I have for painted surfaces?

thanks,
GLS

FUNX650
08-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Since they're Daily Drivers (DDs)...
I'll suggest the following:

•If you go with the Meguiar's products:
-Use Meguiar's M21 2.0 (Sealant) as your Last Step Product (LSP)

•If you go with the Wolfgang products:
-Use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (Sealant) as your LSP.

Forego the Waxes!!

•The Wheels?
-Hard to properly diagnose from over here.
-OEM Clear coated; Aftermarket?
-Have the wheels ever been subjected to harsh chemicals
from tunnel/self-serve car washes?
-:Picture:
-Etc.

Bob

allenk4
08-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Pictures if the wheels and the current condition of the paint on these vehicle will allow the Forum to provide more "targeted" advice

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound followed by Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is a very good, readily available, economic solution for most paint defects