PDA

View Full Version : Iron X on racing stripes?

crowe338
08-19-2014, 08:29 AM
I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory). The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove. I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes? I have seen some people say that it will only react with metal and not to let it dry on any surface. I want to make sure it is safe before I attempt to clean this up. I am going to clay it afterwards but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!

jamesboyy
08-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Welcome to autogeek..as for your situation I would just tape off the stripes and work around them, and just use dedicated matte products on the stripes

Avi@CarPro
08-21-2014, 10:05 AM
I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory). The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove. I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes? I have seen some people say that it will only react with metal and not to let it dry on any surface. I want to make sure it is safe before I attempt to clean this up. I am going to clay it afterwards but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!

No problem , it will not damage them, avoid ofcourse as much as you can spraying on them but from our experience its safe to use on nylon or rubber surfaces

Klasse Act
08-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Any of the WOWA products can be used on the stripes afterwards, I've had great sucess using it on my stripes!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

FUNX650
08-21-2014, 01:00 PM
I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory).
That's a nice combo...:Picture:

The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove.
IMO:
More like they didn't know how to remove the rail dust with their current inventory of decon-products, without possibly buggering-up the matte finish on the racing stripes.

I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes?
Avi's answer should put your mind at ease.

I am going to clay it afterwards

Clay the paint if deemed so by the "Baggie Test" .
However:
Make sure to not clay the matte stripes!!

but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!
•For the matte stripes?
-Only use products formulated for matte.
Nanolex, Dr. Beasley, Swissxax, and Chemical Guys are some of the Brand names that have such matte products.

•Sealant for the paint?
-AGO carries a very large assortment:
Results for Paint sealants - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&keywords=Paint+sealants&x=27&y=13)

•Good Luck on your upcoming detailing tasks.

Bob