PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions: Car Wash

Drax
08-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Hello all,

I am unsure where to post this being the total newb I am. Since this is the "101" forum, I equated that with "newbness".

I live in Stuttgart Germany where the local government has strict rules regarding washing your car. We are not allowed to was our cars on the street here and I live within a walled community with no driveway.

While there are many automated car washes and wash racks with high pressure hoses, I don't have a place I can go to and use a bucket and hose. In the past, I simply utilized the one of the "better" automated washes but I know they are less than ideal for car's finish.

So, I am thinking of using a waterless or rinseless wash system but I have no idea all that I need. I have been looking at the miriad of products here and I am eager to purchase so I can be free of automated washes.

Can some of you folks who like the waterless/rinseless method provide suggestions for products/equipment?

Below is a pick of my new car.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/bigsargewells/050-1.jpg

RacerX323
08-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Beautiful car!

Take a look at Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine or Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax; both are excellent products for rinseless washes. I prefer a microfiber sponge, like The Bone Wash Sponge (http://www.autogeek.net/the-bone.html), for washing but many like the Gary Dean wash method. Then follow up with a waffle weave and plush microfiber to dry.

Zelfiris
08-19-2014, 07:59 AM
This video is pretty good, it shows you the garry dean technique and a list of where the products he used can be purchased from: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57BDoJjZAA4]Car Detailing Preview - Rinseless Car Wash - YouTube[/video]

Just a point of reference for ya :)

Drax
08-19-2014, 08:21 AM
That's good stuff and exactly what I am looking for. I note the author of the video used one bucket but have seen two bucket systems for sale here. Is there a distinct benefit to using two buckets?

Thanks to both of you.

Edit: Nevermind my question about two buckets. I understand. If using one bucket, you simply don't re-use the soiled towel but need more of them

goldenlight
08-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Autogeek has a great guide under Exterior car care section of the website. The one thing I got out of it is that you will use 2 buckets with Grit Guard along with your favorite rinse less wash

conadslv
08-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Before I bought my 2014 stingray in March I had never hand washed any of my prior vehicles. Once I got my Stingray, I bought the Garry Dean Wash Method starter kit that he sells on his website. It was perfect for a beginner like me since it came with everything I needed to do the wash. While the GD infinite juice is a great product it can be a bit on the pricey side. I no longer use his infinite juice and have upgraded my microfiber towels.
I now use 932 Duragloss rinseless wash to wash my car and then spray 951 Duragloss Aquawax on the wet section before drying and the results are amazing. It's much cheaper than GDIJ and the results are just as good if not better. hope this helps and good luck!
what you'll need:
-932 Duragloss rinseless wash concentrate
- 951 Duragloss Aquawax
- 1 5 gallon bucket
- 8-10 microfiber towels (I use extra plush elite 530gram)
- 2 cobra supreme guzzler waffle weave drying towels

Lowejackson
08-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I have used Optimum's ONR for years without any problem. However if you fancy the Duragloss or anyone else's then just buy it. I do not use two buckets with ONR although some do. I would strongly suggest with any rinceless wash to pre-spray the paint with some of the shampoo before washing as this does seem to help soften up the dirt and reduces the chance of marring the paint.

One advantage of using two buckets with ONR is you could use their APC (Power Clean) first, this would allow for a stronger product on the paint before using the shampoo.

rms64
08-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Mike fka "smack" where are you? I'm sure forum user Mike@dedicatedperfection would have some thoughts, as he's in Germany too...

Beautiful car and welcome to the forum!

Drax
08-20-2014, 02:50 AM
This is what I bought from AGO today which should give me a good start!

ONR two bucket system

AG Chem Resistant Pressure Sprayer

Guzzler Combo Kit

Griots speed shine MF Cloths (3 pack)

Pinnacle Souveran Sizzling Shine Kit