PDA

View Full Version : Smoke odor removal

808_detail_nut
08-19-2014, 02:57 AM
I have a customer asking if I can remove some smoke odor from a car she just purchased. I know smoke smell can be its own animal in itself so I'm wondering what you guys do. Seen a video from AMMO on youtube showing him using a steamer. Anyone have success doing it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

MDX Detailing
08-19-2014, 03:06 AM
Pm sent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

primo spaghetti
08-19-2014, 05:31 AM
auto vaccine. great stuff at removing smoke odour. but a proper clening will be needed in addition to a cabin filter change.

VP Mark
08-19-2014, 04:48 PM
DrivePur treatment. Other stuff can work but it is a sure thing.

sweatthedetails
08-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Headliner needs to be cleaned. Ive seen that same video and know alot of guys use steam on the headliner but i just never felt comfortable doing that. I use a Tornador and it works like a champ, never had a problem. I may be old fashion but i follow up the full cleaning with ozone. I have heard great things from these new chemicals and will have to give them a try some time.

Detailing by M
08-20-2014, 06:13 PM
smoke bombs.

I just did a CRV that sat in a garage that had a mattress smolder for 7 hours due to the customer backing up to it and the tail pipe caught it on fire but it didn't go up in flames it just smoldered and melted.
it was disgusting.
I threw 2 bombs in it as i was doing the exterior.
Those 2 bombs knock out about half of the disgusting smell.
After thoroughly cleaning the interior with an extractor and steam I put 2 more bombs in it and that did it, except for the AC but there's nothing you can do about that except replace it.

2shiny
08-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Carpro sopure works great. Just spray around, especially on the headliner and let it do it's think. Job done