PDA

View Full Version : Any precautiions with Iron X?

Pages : [1] 2

05RLS2
08-19-2014, 12:48 AM
I've noticed some rail dust on my new white car, and I want to get it all off when I detail it and apply a good LSP. I have been looking at going with Iron X, and I was wondering how safe is it? My car has all kinds of chrome plastic trim, and I don't want it or anything else on my new car to get messed up. Are there any places that Iron X should not come in contact, any precautions I should take when using it?

4bidden
08-19-2014, 12:54 AM
It is very safe. You don't need to worry.

It seems like a never ending battle with the iron deposits on my fiance's new white Accord. I can see EVERYTHING on the paint and since it's parked outside 24/7 it gets a lot of crap on it.

lawrenceSA
08-19-2014, 01:01 AM
It should be safe for the surfaces of the vehicle, however I would advise you wear some nitrile gloves, safety goggles and avoid breathing in any of it.

Don't let it dry on the car.

Rinse thoroughly, and when you think you are done, rinse it again just to be sure

05RLS2
08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll be adding Iron X to my list of things to order. The list is adding up quick, lol. I can't wait to get a few days off where I can get my car looking really good.

Dr_Pain
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM
A MUST!!! Very safe, since it smells so bad that you definitely won't be tempted to drink it LOL!

cleanmycorolla
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Precautions outside of harm to the car, you might wear a mask and gloves, be on the safe side. :)

sweatthedetails
08-19-2014, 07:30 PM
apply out of the sun and on a calm day if possible. that will give you a longer dwell time.

Romans5.8
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Don't drink it.

In all honesty, if you've never used it before; use it outside. I'm not sure if the fumes are dangerous, but they sure are unpleasant. I'd never use IronX even in an open garage if I could avoid it. Blech.

05RLS2
08-19-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll be sure to use gloves and a mask with it, thanks. It sounds like horrible smelling stuff.

Romans5.8
08-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I'll be sure to use gloves and a mask with it, thanks. It sounds like horrible smelling stuff.

Take a dirty diaper and enter the contents into a bowl. Pour in a good helping of ammonia, toss in some rotten eggs, and let it sit in the sun for about a week. That's more/less what IronX smells like.

Quickstrike32
08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Maybe buy Trix to save time and money. It's essentially Tar X and Iron X. Don't get it on headlights or a clear bra.

05RLS2
08-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Maybe buy Trix to save time and money. It's essentially Tar X and Iron X. Don't get it on headlights or a clear bra.
Iron X is not safe to get on headlights?? If that's true, that's not good because a lot of the rail dust is on my hood.

HD.Detailing
08-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Ironx didn't hurt my headlights or clear bra, some of the other alternatives might, just stick with ironx it works.

Sent from my Alien ship

Quickstrike32
08-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Iron X is not safe to get on headlights?? If that's true, that's not good because a lot of the rail dust is on my hood.

This is from a review of Trix which is Tar X combined with Iron X.

Precautions:

Test on small area first
Avoid allowing to dry on plastic
Avoid allowing the product to dry on the surface in Direct Sunshine
Use with proper ventilation and use proper hand and face protection
Avoid polycarbonate headlights
Do not allow on clear bra material

05RLS2
08-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Has anyone here used Iron X on relatively newer Nissans? The reason I am asking is because I noticed something in the owners manual for my car that seemed odd. It said not to use windshield washer fluid at full strength without diluting it, since the metyl alcohol could potentially cause damage to the plastic chrome grille if it comes in contact with it at full strength. This had me kind of nervous about using Iron X now, since I'm sure Iron X is a stronger chemical than washer fluid.

Has anyone here used Iron X on say 2009+ Nissans without it damaging the grill or headlights? I'm just looking for insight and experience from others who have tried it, because I don't want to make a stupid and potently expensive mistake.