PDA

View Full Version : Which is best for drying ONR? Weave Waffle ML or Plush MF?

Pages : [1] 2 3

fellipe
08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Which 'kind' of microfibers would be best for drying ONR?

A weave-waffle MF like:
http://www.microfibertech.com/assets/images/460gsm25x36waffle.jpg

Or a 'plush-style' MF:
http://www.microfibertech.com/assets/images/700gsm1.jpg

CDot
08-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I use a WW towel

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I prefer waffles for drying, and plush for removing residues (compound, polish, wax, sealant).

builthatch
08-18-2014, 02:05 PM
i used to use a Mother's drying towel but recently switched to the Dry Me Crazy towel from Microfiber Madness and will never go back. it's really plush, which normally isn't something you'd necessary think of for a drying towel but it works like a vacuum. it's amazing. just touch the towel to the panel and it zaps the water.

for a rinseless wash, it's perfect because you just put the towel on the panel and drag by grabbing one edge - boom, all the water is gone. you can also pat/blot but for rinseless i prefer the other way for a few reasons.

minorc
08-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Waffle weave for sure

Kamakaz1961
08-18-2014, 03:32 PM
I no longer use a waffle weave towel for drying. I use a MF towel similar to the Microfiber Madness towel (very large and from a competitor). It sucks up the water and drys real well. The biggest reason very soft and chances of scratching the car are very slim.

KMG
08-19-2014, 06:48 AM
I mainly use waffle weaves, however on once and awhile depending on what I am using it on I will use a softer microfiber towel. I don't think you can go wrong with either one really.

Rez90
08-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Forgive me for bringing up something autogeek doesn't sell.

But for drying or quick detailing...I've never used a towel that even comes close to how absorbant and amazing these towels are. I've used waffle weaves, HD Guzzlers, and everythign in between. Nothing compares to these.

http://theragcompany.com/16-x-16-DETAIL-MASTER-PRO-Eagle-Edgeless-Blue-41012-1616-B-EL.htm

07gtcs
08-19-2014, 10:10 AM
I use a WW type towel, a Mequires water magnet towel.

cleanmycorolla
08-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Forgive me for bringing up something autogeek doesn't sell.

But for drying or quick detailing...I've never used a towel that even comes close to how absorbant and amazing these towels are. I've used waffle weaves, HD Guzzlers, and everythign in between. Nothing compares to these.

16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER PRO Eagle Edgeless Blue (http://theragcompany.com/16-x-16-DETAIL-MASTER-PRO-Eagle-Edgeless-Blue-41012-1616-B-EL.htm)

you're paying that much for those towels and can be found way cheaper elsewhere.....

BRLAHTI
08-19-2014, 10:30 AM
you're paying that much for those towels and can be found way cheaper elsewhere.....

can you please PM me about this?? :props:

Rez90
08-19-2014, 10:40 AM

I buy them when they have sales but if you have another reputable source for them feel free to shoot me a PM. thanks.

Bricklin
08-19-2014, 10:46 AM

I think I know the alternative you're suggesting and no, they aren't the same.

MFT uses an 80/20 blend (Cheaper, but still fine) while TRC's are 70/30. Also, both companies are charging pretty much the same price & offer tiered-pricing that drops pretty quick. (They're practically neck & neck)

The edge goes to TRC though because they offer free shipping. :buffing:

And yes, I'm familiar with wholesale from both companies. MFT wholesale is good for the cheaper-grade stuff, but their korean starts at $4.25 while TRC's starts at $3.45.

Quickstrike32
08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
The MFT edgeless feel softer to me but they don't grab on paint as much

cardaddy
08-19-2014, 11:29 PM

:iagree:

The MFT edgeless feel softer to me but they don't grab on paint as much

I tend to like MFT stuff better as well.

Speaking of waffle weave.... and getting back to the OP's original question.

I'll dry with the WW by just placing it on the surface then lightly patting the back. What moisture is left will then be removed with the second towel, (or something similar).

MFT sent me a TON of samples a few weeks ago, and their Korean WW's are AWESOME!!! Ian sent me both a blue and yellow one, and short of the AGO foam core towel (that I have 3 of) I've never seen a more absorbent towel. :dblthumb2: FWIW Ian sent me those, some more large Chinese towels, several smaller towels, including both 500GSM working down to their lightest weight units. Also sent some of their green, as well as the gray glass towels (great glass towels btw). ;)

There was a really thick solid white towel that's a sewn together type down the X-Y axis (think Blue Whale) but it's solid white on both sides and split nap like the Korean extra fluffy units. It's not as thick as either of the above, and it's also not on their site (neither are a couple others he sent me) but it is a really nice final LSP type towel, not to mention it'd I think be a good 'final' drying towel. Just wanted to throw it out there that his Korean drying towels are badazz for sure! I've been meaning to put up a thread showing them all, just been busy. Anyone want any photos just e-mail me and I'll send them to ya'.