PDA

View Full Version : Those who use APC to wash MF towels

Pages : [1] 2

Grifffx4
08-18-2014, 11:52 AM
I've seen some comment they use APC to wash MF towels.

Do you use it machine washing?

If so, how much APC do you use per load? Is that concentrate or diluted?

wdmaccord
08-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I use it as more of an additive or booster. Been using CG AllClean+. MicroRestore is my main detergent. I usually only add the APC when the towels get really dirty, or after a polishing/wax/sealant session. For a small load, maybe a couple capfuls.

Grifffx4
08-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I have Meg's APC. Couple of cap full of concentrate?

I'm out of MF wash so I need to use something and if I can use APC instead of buying MF wash if like to save the $

Grifffx4
08-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Anyone else?

trashmanssd
08-18-2014, 05:02 PM
I usually pretreat with APC spray the really dirt towels with it and rinse them in sink to get dirt out the spray them again put in washer and rinse cycle them add a detergent and wash them.

expdetailing
08-18-2014, 06:03 PM
You can use whatever detergent you want, but preferably, stay away from ones with fabric softener included. I would recommend putting a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle if you use an other-than MF solution.
Personally, I use laundry detergent in the wash followed by vinegar in the rinse.
If someone can make the case as to why laundry detergent is not preferable, I am all ears.

jamesboyy
08-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Plus one on wdmaccord post

Chevota Guy
08-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I prewash the dirtiest towels in a bucket in the laundry sink. I follow that with a thorough hand rinse. I have used the blue Simple Green or Meguiars APC diluted until it seems right. Then the towels go for a machine wash.

I have always been concerned about getting some type of nasty ring in my wife's washer..........that would be VERY bad :laughing:

My towels have been through numerous cycles this way with no discernable degradation.

Grifffx4
08-18-2014, 06:13 PM
You can use whatever detergent you want, but preferably, stay away from ones with fabric softener included. I would recommend putting a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle if you use an other-than MF solution.
Personally, I use laundry detergent in the wash followed by vinegar in the rinse.
If someone can make the case as to why laundry detergent is not preferable, I am all ears.

I saw in a Garry Dean video that he uses All Free & Clear laundry detergent. I may give that a try but I'm afraid of ruining my MF

ducksfan
08-18-2014, 06:52 PM
I would be concerned with messing up the internals of an expensive washing machine. I presoak my MF's in a strong cleaner, rinse and wash with MF cleaner or a free and clear type of detergent in the machine.

Just02896
08-18-2014, 06:54 PM
If my towels get heavily soiled I'll presoak them in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and about 2 ounces of OPC. For washing I use 1.5 ounces of BF MF detergent and 1.5 ounces of OPC. 2 ounces of OPC for pre-wash if needed.

Pureshine
08-18-2014, 11:12 PM
I saw in a Garry Dean video that he uses All Free & Clear laundry detergent. I may give that a try but I'm afraid of ruining my MF

I use ALL Free & Clear the past year with no problems. The only problem I see adding APC in the washer is that most APC have some kind of acid and is not good for the washer.

ducksfan
08-19-2014, 12:43 AM
I would be concerned with messing up the internals of an expensive washing machine. I presoak my MF's in a strong cleaner, rinse and wash with MF cleaner or a free and clear type of detergent in the machine.

My post wasn't that clear. Like some of the other posters here, my presoak is in a 5 gallon bucket.

Bert31
08-22-2014, 04:01 PM
I was having issues getting product out of my MF's only using traditional laundry soap (water would literally bead on my microfibers). Someone mentioned they would use Meg's SuperDegreaser and Dawn in the first load and after that immediately rewash with traditional laundry soap. The worry was maybe some of the Super Degreaser and Dawn may not rinse out so use a traditional wash to make sure.

I tried this with my MF's and wax, sealant, AIO, paint cleaners, glazes, polishes all washed out completely, not beading on towels anymore. I then went to washing pads the same way, works beautifully.

cfiiman
08-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I read a post on here talking about this so I tried a splash of LA Totally Awesome the other night on my wax towels, they came out smelling like nothing, it was great, just like new.