PDA

View Full Version : Best Detailing Tool EVER!

trekkeruss
08-18-2014, 11:00 AM
...is a garage.

I often want to work on my car, but I cannot, because it is too hot, too cold, too sunny, too dark, or too wet. I wish I had one!

BRLAHTI
08-18-2014, 11:02 AM
...is a garage.

I often want to work on my car, but I cannot, because it is too hot, too cold, too sunny, too dark, or too wet. I wish I had one!

Same here especially being in South FL lol.

Zelfiris
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
...is a garage.

Been window shopping for my first house.. the first thing I look for is a 1.5-2 cars garage lol. Reality is I can't really afford to have a nice size garage but it can't stop me from dreaming!

CDot
08-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Been window shopping for my first house.. the first thing I look for is a 1.5-2 cars garage lol. Reality is I can't really afford to have a nice size garage but it can't stop me from dreaming!

What about a house with a carport?

nubaseal
08-18-2014, 12:23 PM
...is a garage.

How bad is it? I carry all my gear three floors down to the condo parking lot. Then find an empty slot that has power supply, natural light and move my car and gear there. If the slot owner shows up half through my polishing set, I request them to park in my slot. Then carry all my gear back up to third floor. Plus there is dust. So much that by the time I finish wiping with eraser, it feels pointless to wax. A garage would be nice :buffing:

Klasse Act
08-18-2014, 12:25 PM
I couldn't agree more about a garage!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Justin at Final Inspection
08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I love having my garage. Up until I moved to S. Florida I didn't have one. When my wife and I were looking for a house that was my only serious request. Now I find it's still too hot most of the damn time so I am thinking about putting in a window A/C unit for when I have heavy time consuming corrections to do LOL!!! Even though I am only 30 I think age is getting to me. I am a firm believer in work smarter not harder.

Plus I get to keep my toy in there!

cfiiman
08-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Close second to the garage :D

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j417/cfiiman/challenger_zps77dc51bb.jpg (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/cfiiman/media/challenger_zps77dc51bb.jpg.html)

4bidden
08-18-2014, 12:50 PM
I couldn't agree more. I live in a beach city and our condo has a 1 car garage. However, since I have so many 'man tools' and misc stuff like camping gear, motorcycles, snowboards and so on, there is no room to park in there. And even if it was completely empty I wouldn't be able to fit my Tundra in there length wise. I am stuck with detailing in the alley when the sun goes down to a point that I have shade.

Zelfiris
08-18-2014, 12:56 PM
What about a house with a carport?

That would be nice as well. Minus the privacy from my neighbours and potential warmth during the winter.

Right now my neighbours nicknamed me as the "big brother who's washing his car again" and I'm getting mixed feelings about it lol

RTexasF
08-18-2014, 01:13 PM
It is nice to have one but the thermometer in mine says 104º F right now. :surrender:

HUMP DIESEL
08-18-2014, 02:46 PM
I got lucky and my best friend has a four bay with a wash bay he uses for his land management business. Guess who gets the wash bay? I do need to get something to keep it cooler in there during the summer, because it can get hot. During the winter it is not too bad as long as we keep the doors shut.

HUMP

Kamakaz1961
08-18-2014, 03:25 PM
...is a garage.

:iagree:The garage is my castle!! I can wash/wax my car anytime any day any night (I have lot of lighting) and it is a 2.25 (oversize 2-car) car garage. Agreed BEST TOOL EVER!!

Everything else, the bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen, dining room, etc is my girlfriends castle....except the bathrooms....I do need 1....LOL

custmsprty
08-18-2014, 04:10 PM
It is nice to have one but the thermometer in mine says 104º F right now. :surrender:
Yeah mine is like an oven too!

Charger12
08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Every house I owned had a garage,never have I ever put a car in one! I keep telling myself one day!