PDA

View Full Version : Recommended a wax/product please!

Contact40
08-17-2014, 05:46 PM
I park my daily driver near a busy road and it seems that the car just attracts dust from all the passing vehicles, which is a lot of industrial traffic.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a product that makes the surface less likely to hold this dust/fallout?

I've kept the car clean with Meguairs Deep Crystal, and ultimate liquid wax. And I keep a bottle of the Zymol Spray detailer and a MF behind the seat for a quick wipedown.

I have a tube of the White Wax that I've yet to try on it, but I want to set if there is anything else I can use in the mean time.

Thanks,
Bob

Eandras
08-17-2014, 06:04 PM
If some one suggest a product that will resist dust he is going to be a icy man. No matter what wax or sealant you use dust will get on you car.

That is just a fact of nature.

Ed

UglyBetty
08-17-2014, 06:19 PM
If some one suggest a product that will resist dust he is going to be a icy man. No matter what wax or sealant you use dust will get on you car.

That is just a fact of nature.

Ed

Based on my experience, I believe that sealants such as WGDGPS attracts less dust than waxes.

BobbyG
08-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I've found that Permanon Platinum (http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-platinum-coating1.html) actually repels dirt and other contaminates making washing and cleaning easier.

Permanon is one of the easiest products to apply and stands guard for a solid 4 to 6 months...:props:

FUNX650
08-17-2014, 09:50 PM
•Everyday dust is one thing.
-But how about these atmospheric-contaminates raining down across the USA?:

•There's currently no known method of stopping (or neutralizing) the distribution of airborne radiocesium or any other radionuclides' particulate-matters that's been emitted by the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident:

-Talk about some dusty "acid rain"!! :eek:

•Your best bet just may be:
-Clean...Prep...An Opti-Coating.

Bob

01GreyStangGT
08-17-2014, 10:36 PM
I use BFWD a lot and sometimes I see dust fly off my car when driving away when it is wearing the BFWD