PDA

View Full Version : Need help finishing off list of products

Spunky424
08-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Hey guys so I just picked up my used 2012 bali blue mdx and at the dealership I noticed no scratches or anything. After a week of rain I believe the dealership's detailing products have all wiped off since now I'm noticing a lot more scratches and it's bothering the hell out of me. So I've got the following in my garage but never used. :

Griots garage orbital with a variety of pads
Klasse aio
Klasse sg

Trying to find a good polish to remove the swirls and scratches I've been finding. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Any other recommendations for products is appreciated

jamesboyy
08-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Begin that your paintwork is most likely soft I would do a one step with something like mezerna po203 with green or white pad (do a test spot first) this remove most of the defects while saving some "skin" clear coat for later dont forget to clay the paintwork after you wash the vehicle too also is that the newer groits garage polisher not the one with the two or four screws holding the blacking plate

Spunky424
08-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Begin that your paintwork is most likely soft I would do a one step with something like mezerna po203 with green or white pad (do a test spot first) this remove most of the defects while saving some "skin" clear coat for later dont forget to clay the paintwork after you wash the vehicle too also is that the newer groits garage polisher not the one with the two or four screws holding the blacking plate

I believe it's older since I've had it for a few years. Just checked and looks like it has 4 screws holding the yellow backplate. What is the difference with the newer one?

When u say a one step should I no longer use the klasse products?

jamesboyy
08-17-2014, 01:45 PM
The older groits garage polisher will not remove defects nor can you apply pressure to remove defects cause it will stop spinning its basically a wax spreader therefore I would suggest you buy a newer version or the groits polisher cause you can buy different backing plates with the pads to match its just a better built polisher, and you can still use klasse all in one it will just remove more of the finer defects

Spunky424
08-17-2014, 02:03 PM
wow that kinda sucks, i think i've only used this thing once in the pass few two years. i see mine has an option for speed polishing at 3-4 and wax at 1-2. when did the new revision come in? so is this absolutely garbage for polishing?

jamesboyy
08-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Newer version came out I think a year after the older one was released with the speed settings from one to six and even though it cant polish with that one at least you have a piece of history

Nomadsto
08-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Watch the Junkmans polishing vids on youtube, they'er a perfect start for beginners.

Spunky424
08-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Newer version came out I think a year after the older one was released with the speed settings from one to six and even though it cant polish with that one at least you have a piece of history

So the newest one has speed settings from 1-6? This newer version can polish? I just checked my orbital and it has 1-6 speed settings on the rear. Thanks for helping

Coopers ST
08-17-2014, 03:02 PM
I would say you also need a good supply of MF towels. Also a clay or clay alternative, and maybe a iron removal product.

jamesboyy
08-17-2014, 03:06 PM
The newer one can polish cause it has a bit more power and pressure can be applied to it so you can remove defects in a paintwork, and it has a speed settings 1 to 6

CDot
08-17-2014, 10:16 PM
OP: I had the same thing happen to me...picked up an '09 Bali Blue Pearl Honda Pilot last October from Carmax and the paint looked great (I was suspicious). After I did my full wash I saw all the scratches/ghosting--they had placed a very good/very thick glaze on the car.

I've never used the Klasse polishes so not sure how they do, but I used Megs Ultimate Compound w/orange hexlogic pad and it finished beautifully. I believe the Acura/Honda paint is pretty similar so I think you'll get similar results.