PDA

View Full Version : tried and true products for.....

jonn127
08-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Getting baby spit up stains and odors from a car interior?

Quiksilver5882
08-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Meguiars Protein Stain remover, Folex, Odoban, and the Dakota Odor Bomb come to mind.

jonn127
08-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Folex, really? Even for the odor?

Dark Shadow
08-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Folex, really? Even for the odor?

Cg fabric clean is a good product that cleans and deodorizes in one step with a lemon scent.

lj993
09-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I have a range rover sport that has been sitting for a couple of years. Rats took up residency. Then they died......truck smelled horrible. I have removed the entire interior and dash, except headliner and door panels. It still has a lingering odor. I am told that the Dakota Odor Bomb is the best way to eliminate the smell. Any thoughts? thanks Phil

BillE
09-17-2014, 07:09 AM
I have a range rover sport that has been sitting for a couple of years. Rats took up residency. Then they died......truck smelled horrible. I have removed the entire interior and dash, except headliner and door panels. It still has a lingering odor. I am told that the Dakota Odor Bomb is the best way to eliminate the smell. Any thoughts? thanks Phil

Check around for any company that cleans up after "a death." They do have products that will get rid of the 'de-comp' odor. Maybe check out a janitorial supply store too.

That IS one hell of a smell to get rid of.

Bill

CDot
09-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Getting baby spit up stains and odors from a car interior?

I haven't needed in the car yet, but my little boy (12 weeks) just entered the "Ceaseless Spit-Up" phase and pukes up half of what he eats every freakin' time. He threw up all over my wife a couple nights ago and got a decent amount on the carpet.

I used Folex to clean up and it seemed to work really well. No odor issues, but he is 100% breastfed.

Romach
09-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Cdot, spray the car seats front and back and car mats and baby seat with aerospace 303 protectorant and I would strongly suggest a car seat mat for under the baby!

303 stuff is awesome - my wife's car is an example of factory fresh with 6 years of peeing and vomiting kids!

Smells fresh thanks to Daycota air bombs and use of a steam cleaner and good old 303 cleaner and protector!

All thanks to the great folk at AG, especially Meghan and Nock and also to Mike who has remotely taught me to aim of perfection and how to achieve it all the time!

NikonGuy
09-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Vinegar in a bowl. Let it sit in car with windows closed overnight. It can over come a lot of stuff