PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Detailer took owner car for joy ride 449km

sito
08-16-2014, 05:00 PM
a Toronto detailer took an owner mazda miata for a ride 449km. owner was charged with 407 toll bill. The detailer denied the car was taken for a ride

This article was pubished by the Toronto Star

Auto shop customer’s complaint: shades of Ferris Bueller | Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/08/16/auto_shop_customers_complaint_shades_of_ferris_bue ller.html)

what do you guys think of the detailer action?

I would avoid this detailer shop.

VISITOR
08-16-2014, 05:10 PM
dishonest people (or business) should be shut down. i have no patience for crap like this...

Guessless
08-16-2014, 05:19 PM
what do you guys think of the detailer action?

I would avoid this detailer shop.

I think he was imitating Ferris Bueller's scene, I hope he gets penalized severely.

No kidding, the whole of Toronto should avoid him.:)

Bates Detailing
08-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah - saw this earlier today..... crazy for sure. Im scared when Im moving a clients vehicle 10 ft! Couldn't even come close to imagining taking a client's auto down the road :nomore:

Zelfiris
08-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Saw it earlier too. Shocking

(btw its a rx8)

Pureshine
08-16-2014, 11:20 PM
I pick up and drop off customers cars all the time and always very careful driving them. This guy is a total tool and should be blasted all over the web.

A.P.A.D.
08-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Not cool!

Klasse Act
08-17-2014, 05:52 PM
First you guys get Rob Ford and now this, what's the world coming to, LOL! What's next, the Leaf's will win the cup:poke:

beamerstrumpet
08-17-2014, 06:12 PM
If your going to be a crook and a hack looks like Toronto is the place to be. WOW the authorities dont give a shiznit. And Hmm if the guy had a feeling Why didnt he get with the star and send a car that was not his over there? Then rigged with camera and everything like some states do to catch bad mech shops and inspection stations.

TWEEDERTWEEK
08-17-2014, 07:27 PM
I just had a customers 2011 Cadillac CTS-V last weekend. I picked his car up and drivr it to my garage to work on it and returned it to him the next Monday. He told me to give it hell, but even with his blessing I drive it like a grandma, because I don't how I would replace it easily if something ever happened due to hot rodding it. This detailer obviously doesn't have any respect for his customers.

Klasse Act
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I just had a customers 2011 Cadillac CTS-V last weekend. I picked his car up and drivr it to my garage to work on it and returned it to him the next Monday. He told me to give it hell, but even with his blessing I drive it like a grandma, because I don't how I would replace it easily if something ever happened due to hot rodding it. This detailer obviously doesn't have any respect for his customers.

So what was it like to drive? Did you atleast "hit it" once?

Mach1USMC
08-17-2014, 07:46 PM
I pick up and drop off customers cars all the time and always very careful driving them. This guy is a total tool and should be blasted all over the web.

I also offer a pick up and drop off service - however no joyrides. That's wrong on just about every level!!

Skimmer0220
08-18-2014, 02:03 AM
I had a corvette z06 to detail because the owner has passed and the wife couldn't move the car when I picked it up ash told me not to baby and let her ste each her legs, so I took a couple rips on it, but even that was kinda scary

Sent from space through a satellite

beamerstrumpet
08-20-2014, 03:59 AM
Thats not the same you were asked to give it a Italian tune up,, you didnt take it joyriding or more than likely drug running.