PDA

View Full Version : Kids playing near my truck is worrying me

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

typingmonkey
08-15-2014, 09:04 PM
I have my truck parked on the street on the edge of a curb( I have no other choice to park but here if I don't want my truck covered in bird poop). My neighbor's kids are playing football and I have seen the ball bounce into my yard several times when one misses a catch. I'm worried they will dint or damage my truck when one makes a mistake and trips or misses the ball.

I don't want to ask the kids or neighbor since I see them all the time I don't want them to hate me. I was thinking of calling the cops that way I can be anonymous but is it legal for them to play in the street? I live in Houston Texas.

Sizzle Chest
08-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Just move your truck while they play. I seriously doubt that kids playing in the street is illegal.

custmsprty
08-15-2014, 09:28 PM
If it's parked on the street it's pretty much at your own risk.

jamesboyy
08-15-2014, 10:17 PM
You could move your truck orr take your truck to the coin op and wash him or her you can even go to a friend's house for a bit

quiksilver_ben3
08-15-2014, 10:46 PM
My neighbors try to tell their kids to watch out for our cars, but at the same time there's a park the next street over! Why not go over there?!?!

HD.Detailing
08-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Streets are for cars not kids police will stop them

typingmonkey
08-16-2014, 08:12 AM
if I move my truck, I'll have it covered in bird dung in a matter of minutes. Like I said I don't want to talk to the kids, there's a park near our house about 4 blocks away they should go there but I would like the cops to tell them. I just don't know if playing in the street is legal or not.

swanicyouth
08-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Only one thing you can do: move yr truck. You can't fight kids playing in the street. Its impossible.

When I was a kid - people used to call the cops on is all the time. We always knew who called (somehow) - prolly from their dirty looks. Cops would come, tell us "get out of the street" - cops would leave...we'd get back in the street.

Hopefully you live near "nice" kids - not snotty kids with no respect for nobody (like I was)....Our leanings towards such neighbors was always "retribution"...

TWEEDERTWEEK
08-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Leave the kids alone and move your truck. It's better to buy some quick detailer and whipe off bird droppings then to deal with a dented car or a neighbor fight. Or better yet buy a trusty Red Rider and shoot the birds that hang out over the driveway.

typingmonkey
08-16-2014, 08:24 AM
You could move your truck orr take your truck to the coin op and wash him or her you can even go to a friend's house for a bit

It wouldn't be feasible. They play from 5 to 8 pm everyday. Even if I did wash my truck, they would still be there after.

mwoolfso
08-16-2014, 08:33 AM
I have my truck parked on the street on the edge of a curb( I have no other choice to park but here if I don't want my truck covered in bird poop). My neighbor's kids are playing football and I have seen the ball bounce into my yard several times when one misses a catch. I'm worried they will dint or damage my truck when one makes a mistake and trips or misses the ball.

I don't want to ask the kids or neighbor since I see them all the time I don't want them to hate me. I was thinking of calling the cops that way I can be anonymous but is it legal for them to play in the street? I live in Houston Texas.

Statistically speaking you are screwed. It's GOING to happen.

Show some gratuity to the children over the time and verbally praise them for being careful around your car - even treat them to ice cream at times. The money (and energy) you spend on being good natured will be far less than the pain and aggravation you get by being passive-aggressive. LEOs are at their best in these situations when they are not involved; especially since nothing has happened that requires their involvement in the first place.

Who knows.... they may even look out for your vehicle from time to time. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

StangFan25
08-16-2014, 08:49 AM
I've dealt with this. Police will tell the kids and their parents to not play in the street. After having my car messed with, i hooked up a surveillance camera and record 24/7. Police said if its messed with again and I have it recorded, theyll take it from there.

feslope
08-16-2014, 09:36 AM
It wouldn't be feasible. They play from 5 to 8 pm everyday. Even if I did wash my truck, they would still be there after.The kids were there before you and they are going to be there after you. Before you become real unpopular in your neighborhood and maybe prevoke the adults into attacking your truck you should move.

david79z28
08-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Go play with them. Offer to be full time quarter back.

That way you can control where the ball goes.

808_detail_nut
08-16-2014, 10:30 AM
I know what you mean. I have children of the same age that live on both sides of me so they run back and forth through my front yard. I tell them sometimes to go in the back and play (safer anyway). The worst is waking up in the morning and seeing little hand marks all over my black truck that I spent hours cleaning because they were playing tag or something. That drives me nuts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online