PDA

View Full Version : Coating Application Question

mreed2483
08-15-2014, 05:03 PM
I am currently using XMT 360 and I am very happy with it. I previously asked about sealants for the winter, but have since started looking at coatings from some of the replies I had received. Can I put a coating over the XMT 360, or does the coating have to go directly onto the paint? I just want to make sure that if I choose to go with a coating I apply it correctly so I don't waste money because I did it wrong. Thank you ahead for any/all advice.

Mike

David Hayward
08-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Coating goes right on paint. You could use the dp coating prep polish or do a light polish with your choice of finish polishes followed by a very thorough Ipa wipe down and then coat the vehicle. All depends the shape of the finish currently for determining the best route to take to get a clean finish for the coating to bond to.

mreed2483
08-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Thank you. That's what I was thinking from what I had read on different coating in the AG store site, but better safe than sorry. I think that I may just go with a sealant as it is seems easier to use, but I like the longevity of the coatings. I just can't seem to make up my mind on which way I want to go.

David Hayward
08-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Don't be too scared of coatings. Start with the dp paint coating. It's affordable looks great and the application could not be easier. It will ease your mind on coatings a little bit.