PDA

View Full Version : Is foam gun necessary ?

Pages : [1] 2

sito
08-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Is foam gun necessary ?

should I use a regular foam gun or the one with attachment to pressure washer ?

I have Brigg Stratton pressure washer. AG doesn't list Brigg Stratton on the list.

Wretched73
08-15-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't think anyone on here will tell you it is a neccesary tool. Many will say it does not help break up dirt better than just rinsing or power washing.

I still want one for my pressure washer because I think they are super cool

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

AutowerxDetailing
08-15-2014, 04:32 PM
They are not necessary at all. You do, however, earn mad style points each time you use one.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

Bunky
08-15-2014, 06:01 PM
It is not absolutely necessary but if you can rinse, foam, then wash with normal 2BM or preferred method I think you get the maximum benefit unless your foam pre-wash is spiked (like AF Avalanche).

jamesboyy
08-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Its not necessary like stated though it's great to have first hand experience with both a foam cannon, and gun cause these two devices can benefit you by allowing you to do a touch-less washes(if vehicle is not very dirty), remove contamination more safely. etc while turning, and make everyone stare at you from the amount of suds that's on your ride

VISITOR
08-15-2014, 06:24 PM
is it necessary, no. depending on how you use it and how you touch the paint it can help minimize marring/scratches. if someone is going to buy a foam gun just for pre-soaking, don't waste your time. it doesn't utilize the tool to it's fullest potential and you would be better off buying a foam cannon/lance if that's all that you're going to use it for...

mwoolfso
08-15-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't think anyone on here will tell you it is a neccesary tool. Many will say it does not help break up dirt better than just rinsing or power washing.

I still want one for my pressure washer because I think they are super cool

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

+1

Just02896
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
I only use a cannon for upper level corrections and winter touchless washing.

Grifffx4
08-15-2014, 08:20 PM
So I was reading on here about washing very dirty paint and someone mentioned adding APC to the soap. Anyone do this with a foam cannon? Wouldn't it help get off bugs and touch grime?

FUNX650
08-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Is foam gun necessary ?
^^^No.^^^

should I use a regular foam gun or the one with attachment to pressure washer ?
^^^Neither^^^

I have Brigg Stratton pressure washer. AG doesn't list Brigg Stratton on the list.
^^^Sounds like a good PW!^^^

Bob

VISITOR
08-15-2014, 08:48 PM
So I was reading on here about washing very dirty paint and someone mentioned adding APC to the soap. Anyone do this with a foam cannon? Wouldn't it help get off bugs and touch grime?

the only time i would add APC to the car wash is if i'm going to do correction after...

Just02896
08-15-2014, 08:51 PM

Actually yes, adding a little APC to the mix does help to soften the bugs and grime. During winters I get pretty good results using 2oz's of CG wash clear and 1oz of OPC in a cannon. Knocks off 80% of the sand, salt, and winter grime but leaves a light film behind that easily washes away safetly using the 2BM.

ydopen
08-15-2014, 10:15 PM
I use mine when its hot. Keeps the car from drying up so quickly while washing

silverfox
08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Not only is a foam gun unnecessary, but so are suds and foam...period.

Belair
08-16-2014, 10:22 AM
^^ I'm with the Fox on this one.