PDA

View Full Version : Week old paint. Waterless?

Deezul
08-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Had rear quarter panels repainted last week. It's been a week and 2 days since I got it back. I know no wax or sealant for 30 days. I have no access to a hose over the weekend and my car is semi dirty. Mainly rain (dusty)spots. I would hand wash with gold class soap but not an option with no hose. In the meantime is Ecotouch waterless wash ok to use on the new paint? I just want to dust and get the spots off. I would use a microfiber. If that is no good what can I do? Just a wet microfiber maybe?

Zelfiris
08-15-2014, 09:55 AM
If you don't want to complicate things, go to a touchless car wash for now.

If its 9 days and covered in dirt, I would go with a rinseless option.

Deezul
08-15-2014, 10:20 AM
There is a touchless nearby. I'm assuming if I pick the base options without the wax and clear sealant etc I'd be ok? It hasn't been washed in over a week. I've cleaned the other panels with Ecotouch waterless.

Zelfiris
08-15-2014, 10:51 AM
There is a touchless nearby. I'm assuming if I pick the base options without the wax and clear sealant etc I'd be ok? It hasn't been washed in over a week. I've cleaned the other panels with Ecotouch waterless.

I had freshly painted car parts that I polished the next day and sealed with Opti-coat. Its been two years and the panels look fine. I know there are a lot of opinions for not waxing or washing for x number of days but my go-to painters always said go ahead and wax away.

I actually misread your OP and thought it was a question whether you should use waterless on a dirty panel

Deezul
08-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Nah I'd like to use Ecotouch waterless wash on a dirty panel. I won't wax yet. Was asking if it's ok to use