PDA

View Full Version : Metro or Detailer's vac

OCD Detailing
08-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Hello all,

I read the reviews on both vacuums, The Detailer's shop vac they sell here as well as the Metro Full Size Vac N' Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum. But I can't seem to find them compared. Seems like they are close on lift power but I can't find CFM for the Metro. I have narrowed it down to these two for our mobile detailing business. I'm just wanting to know which one has more sucking power?

Thanks and I appreciate the responses.

Dan K
08-14-2014, 11:30 PM
I have not used the Metro, but I own the Detailers vac and the suction is fantastic. It is also extremely quiet.

dcjredline
08-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Metro is also very quiet and has great suction. Better than my 5HP shop vac by about double.

OCD Detailing
08-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I think you guys cancelled each other's vote. LOL

I actually like the tools the Metro comes with along with the hose length. I have the little hand held blower and it is great. But I do want the most suction. Metro seems to keep CFM top secret. I called them and all she could say was "She doesn't know that" Web search I am finding from 70 to 140CFM which is a lot lower than the Detailers vac but maybe there is more to it? From my research CFM is the most important number to look at, then lifting power.

Is the Detailer's vac actually cheaper and more powerful or is the 70 to 140CFM on the Metro not telling the whole story? Or maybe it has more CFM, I found those numbers in kind of random places. I think the Metro Vac full size they sell here is the model Vac N Blo Car Vac Pro Series PRO-83BA on the Metrovac site.

Thanks for any help. I am going to be place a order for a few things and a vac but wanted to figure out which one before I do.