PDA

View Full Version : Should I had bought a Tornador instead of a Steamer for my mobile volume business?

Pages : [1] 2

fellipe
08-14-2014, 05:00 PM
I ordered the Kleenjet 300CS from Daimer. But I started to read about tornadors.

Initial investment aside, which tool would be the best for my mobile volume business to help me quickly clean interiors?

Thank you.

allenk4
08-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Are you willing to haul around a 5 CFM/90 PSI compressor?

fellipe
08-14-2014, 05:21 PM
I can't see nothing wrong...

kochdalton87
08-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Although the tornador is a great tool the steamer will be more versatile. It all comes down to how much room you have to spare to haul a compressor as mentioned above and how much you want to spend. You can do just about everything with the steamer that you could do with the tornador minus air purging interiors.

Southern Stang
08-14-2014, 05:32 PM
I will say this, if you do buy one....

Spend the extra 70$ for the black tornador. The detail department at work has the higher end one, and it runs circles around my autogeek tornador. Not knocking it, it works great. Just the higher end model works that much better in my experience. For volume, I wouldn't hesitate. You will make that money back quick enough.

fellipe
08-14-2014, 05:46 PM
So the steamer, although more expensive, is a better tool?

thebamboo23
08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
this is exactly what I mean about "a system vs more tools"

(shameless plugin)
It’s better to have a system than a lot of tools – (http://www.detailsummit.com/its-better-to-have-a-system-than-a-lot-of-tools/)

you're thinking about to many things.. your steamer is fine.. if you need to get more tool later, do so... but you haven't even got your first customer yet (could be wrong)

AutowerxDetailing
08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
By the time my steamer is heated my Tornador has already cleaned the center console, all vents, and door cards/buttons.

With that being said I will never not have a steamer. Cup holders filled with dried soda pop? Forgetaboutit.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

fellipe
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
By the time my steamer is heated my Tornador has already cleaned the center console, all vents, and door cards/buttons.

With that being said I will never not have a steamer. Cup holders filled with dried soda pop? Forgetaboutit.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

The heating time is my main concern. But I think I can vacuum (do other things) while its heating.

TurboToys
08-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Does the tornador black really do all that cleaning with no contact? What about carpets, arent you basically pushing dirt deeper inside? How does that work. And what about dried spills, does a tornador beat a steamer in that regard too?

4bidden
08-14-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm also confused on how the Tornador works, even after watching their promotional videos.

Surely it doesn't just blow air, right? Does it blow air out via the spinning nozzle, but the black cone surround is actually sucking up what has been dislodged?

The videos are impressive, but if it doesn't 'suck' at all, that dirt is still there somewhere!

VP Mark
08-14-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm also confused on how the Tornador works, even after watching their promotional videos.

Surely it doesn't just blow air, right? Does it blow air out via the spinning nozzle, but the black cone surround is actually sucking up what has been dislodged?

The videos are impressive, but if it doesn't 'suck' at all, that dirt is still there somewhere!

The tornador does not vacuum at all. It atomizes cleaning solution and shoots it at high pressure in a circular pattern. It's an excellent tool but I prefer a steamer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

4bidden
08-14-2014, 08:23 PM
So I guess back to my question, as well as TurboToys... When you're blasting that carpet stain with the atomized solution, where is the dirt going?

EliteDetailing
08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
I use the tornador as a pre-treat, I would follow with extraction by hot water.

As far as tornador vs steamer. I use & recommend both for the professional detailer. I use them both on trashed vehicles, I use the tornador for heavily soiled areas. The steamer is great at amplifying just about any cleaner. For example I may pre-spray the cup holders that have sticky soda in them, then after a minute I will use the steamer & a cloth/brush to break down the grime.

iron_worker
08-14-2014, 10:12 PM
I believe you can also get a Tornador vacuum attachment? I just uses the spinning nozzle and compressed air to dislodge all the soil in the carpet and then the vacuum can more easily pick it up. I thought I read a review on it from Mike somewhere... I would like one because it can be tough getting that ground in dirt/sand out of floor mats.

IW