PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon Help

djseto
08-14-2014, 04:12 PM
I just ordered the half gallon Foam Cannon and I'm a bit confused by the instructions on use of the soap. It says to pour the cleaning concentrate (shampoo) into the reservoir. What I don't understand is how much and do I mix water in as well?

For example, I'm using Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo. The instructions say use a 1/2 ounce into a bucket. It doesn't specify how much water to use. That being said, when using this with foam cannon, do I put 1/2 ounce into the half gallon container and then fill the rest with water? If so, how much? Or, do I fill the half gallon container with the entire bottle of shampoo and then the water gets mixed in when it sprays out. Put another way, does the reservoir hold JUST the shampoo or the shampoo diluted with water???

allenk4
08-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Here is the product page from AGO.

Foam Cannon HP, Foam lance, foam wash gun, car wash foamer, pressure washer foam gun, autobrite foam lance, autobrite foam cannon (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-cannon-wash-gun.html)

The video indicates the proper mix for DP soap.

I think many of the foam gun specific soaps have their own suggested ratios

This one shows 1oz soap per liter of water:

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html)

BTW, it's easier to add the soap 1st and then the water.

kochdalton87
08-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I noticed you said you have a half gallon reservoir. Are you sure you have a foam cannon? The majority of foam cannons that I have seen are 32 oz's.

A foam cannon attaches to a pressure washer whereas the foam gun (available in quart and half gallon reservoir sizes) attaches to a standard garden hose in place of a nozzle.

djseto
08-14-2014, 11:23 PM
I noticed you said you have a half gallon reservoir. Are you sure you have a foam cannon? The majority of foam cannons that I have seen are 32 oz's.

A foam cannon attaches to a pressure washer whereas the foam gun (available in quart and half gallon reservoir sizes) attaches to a standard garden hose in place of a nozzle.

Correct. I meant foam gun, not cannon. Mine attaches to a normal garden hose. So based on the reply above, I mix water and soap into the resovoir?

VISITOR
08-14-2014, 11:31 PM
fill the canister about half way and then pour in about 3-5 ounces of car soap and slowly fill it up to the top while gently shaking it in a circle motion to mix it up...

djseto
08-15-2014, 09:29 AM
So even thought the Pinnacle Shampoo says use 1/2 ounce per bucket (I'm guessing that's 4-5 gallons of water), I should use 3-5 ounces?

VISITOR
08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
sometimes you have to play with the mixture to your liking...

ShaunD
08-15-2014, 12:40 PM
The ratio you use all depends on what consistency you desire for the wash that you are performing. The ratio for a bucket of soapy water is going to be much lower compared to what you need for foam lather out of a cannon or gun. Just gonna have to test some ratios.:)