PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DGPS on top of Opti GPS.

Hella JDM
08-14-2014, 11:39 AM
So having both, I am wondering if it would be better to apply 2 coats of DGPS 3.0, or do GPS, then 1 coat of DGPS. Any advantages of doing one way over the other? I will be topping it with a paste wax for upkeep if that makes any difference.

FUNX650
08-14-2014, 12:06 PM
So having both, I am wondering if it would be better to apply 2 coats of DGPS 3.0, or do GPS, then 1 coat of DGPS. Any advantages of doing one way over the other? I will be topping it with a paste wax for upkeep if that makes any difference.
If your paint warrants an amount of correction that the Optimum AIO will offer...You may want to use it.

•WGDGPS:
-usually will offer no paint correction.
-I've applied two film "layers" of WGDGPS (allowing 24hrs. between applications)
-With bonding being the only reservation I would have: Could be a "topper" for GPS.

•One last personal opinion:
-WGDGPS does not need any "topping-Wax" for upkeep.

Bob

Hella JDM
08-14-2014, 12:12 PM
The car is new, freshly clayed (nanoskin to be exact) and ready to get sealed. The paint looks really nice so as far as correction goes, it doesn't really need much more. That's why I wasn't sure about GPS. I wasn't going to use my DA with it as I wanted to take advantage of the filling properties but then again is that really important? Maybe I will just do 2 coats of DGPS and be done with it. Thanks for the info.