PDA

View Full Version : Question before I get new polisher

iMuf
08-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to be getting a flex 3401 probably tomorrow. My question is, do you need the HD cord? I got it on my griots garage 6" and though the longer cord is nice, I have a 100" extension cord which is normally a lot longer than I even need. So before I purchase the flex I just wanted to know if it's really needed. Do you get any more power with it or anything like that? Thanks

Setec Astronomy
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
No, no more power, it just lets you run the machine without using an extension cord in some instances. If you are working further away from your outlet than the HD cord is...you will still need an extension cord.

Chevota Guy
08-14-2014, 08:53 AM
The flex HD cord is an absolute pleasure to have. It is a real rubber cord and has no "memory", so when you unfurl it, it lust lays flat on the floor. I like it because it eliminates the use of the larger heavy duty extension cords I used to use.

As said above it offers no more power, just convenience.

Evan.J
08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
I have a normal length of cord for my Flex and after working on AFO I will be getting the 25 foot cord. It comes in handy and I have realized that. It's better to have it than not.

TroyScherer
08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
I save my money and buy a higher quality extension cord. Because more often I need the extension cord.