PDA

View Full Version : New Flex units...

Pages : [1] 2

Firehouse Mike
08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Been reading a lot about the new units being shown at SEMA this year and the little bit I've seen I'm thinking a smaller 3401 type or typical DA with a larger throw. I watched a recent You Tube vid from Renny Doyle when he had Bob Eichelberg from Flex on with him. What got my attention was them talking about Flex being bought out by a Chinese manufacturing company. :wow:

builthatch
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Been reading a lot about the new units being shown at SEMA this year and the little bit I've seen I'm thinking a smaller 3401 type or typical DA with a larger throw. I watched a recent You Tube vid from Renny Doyle when he had Bob Eichelberg from Flex on with him. What got my attention was them talking about Flex being bought out by a Chinese manufacturing company. :wow:
will continue to be made in Germany.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-13-2014, 02:16 PM
I toured the Flex manufacturing facility in Stuttgart and the tools are all made by Germans.

Whatever Flex releases I'm sure it will be outstanding. And I want it.

Heisenberg
08-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Wish I would have had an opportunity to go see the Flex facility when I was there. Only saw the Porsche factory in Leipzig.

Mike Phillips
08-13-2014, 02:21 PM
What got my attention was them talking about Flex being bought out by a Chinese manufacturing company.

The new owners are not changing anything about how the Flex tools are built. I know Bob has stated this multiple times and he's been quoted over and over again in the forum world.

He'll be here next Wednesday, I can ask him again...

:xyxthumbs:

allenk4
08-13-2014, 05:19 PM
AGO Sales Dept. could probably tell you what FLEX is going to be releasing next.

They sell all of the popular polishers, are probably one of the larger volume sellers.

Using their internal sales data, they can diagnose trends as people's tastes change.

If I was betting, there are only two directions FLEX would go...and they may do both.

- Smaller electric polishers (3" and/or 2")

- Larger Throw

addysdaddy
08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
lol I always laugh when reading these type of threads. Clearly non of us know what Flex has in mind. We know what we would like to see but that really doesn't count. Like others, I'm a Flex Fan Boy and anxious to see what's coming. Patience is a virtue.

FUNX650
08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image519.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/80027)

Think of the possibilities if it was available in RO-Polisher mode...

:hungry:

Bob

Evan.J
08-13-2014, 08:37 PM
I've been working with Bob all week and have talk with him about the Chinese company and nothing has changed at flex and the company that had bought them is one if the best in china from what he has said. All flex tools are still made in Germany and and will be made in Germany along with designed in Germany.

They set the standard high for quality and tools. The new one well........... Just wait and see! :dblthumb2:

custmsprty
08-13-2014, 09:05 PM
So if you can't beat them buy them!

Mike Phillips
08-14-2014, 06:42 AM
I've been working with Bob all week and have talk with him about the Chinese company and nothing has changed at flex and the company that had bought them is one if the best in china from what he has said. All flex tools are still made in Germany and and will be made in Germany along with designed in Germany.

They set the standard high for quality and tools. The new one well........... Just wait and see! :dblthumb2:

Thanks for adding that Evan....

To put Evan's comments in context... he's buffing out Air Force One of which Bob Eichelberg, the President of Flex North America is a sponsor and on location with Evan, Renny Doyle and Renny's Detail Mafia Team.

See this thread,

Saying Hello from Air Force One! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/83825-saying-hello-air-force-one.html)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/thoryamaha919/image_zps05d0a793.jpg

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
08-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Whatever Flex releases I'm sure it will be outstanding. And I want it.

I have a really nice 1932 Ford Streetrod coming in on Monday for a show car detail using the new Flex Polisher. I'll post a picture of the car when it arrives and then Bob gave me permission to show the tool the week before SEMA.

Stay tuned....

:buffing:

tpr1634
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM

I hope your right, once they figure out how they will be made in communist china like the rest of our jobs.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-15-2014, 01:56 AM
I have a really nice 1932 Ford Streetrod coming in on Monday for a show car detail using the new Flex Polisher. I'll post a picture of the car when it arrives and then Bob gave me permission to show the tool the week before SEMA.

Stay tuned....

:buffing:

Not only do you have the best job in the industry (IMO) working on sweet rides such as the the upcoming '32 Ford Streetrod, the countless other classic cars, and demonstrating new products and teaching others this fine craft but you get to test out and play with prototype Flex polishers...

I have said it before and I will say it again, Mike you licky dog! lol

Ckundred
08-24-2014, 07:47 AM

I just came across this post and went to check out Renny's video. Did a screen capture when Bob lifted the cover on what he says is the new tool. Could this really be it?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Screen_Shot_2014-08-23_at_2_16_26_PM.png