PDA

View Full Version : Sonus SFX-3 question

ddvette9
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Just ordered some Sonus SFX-3 and I noticed on the AG description that Sonus says to NOT use a cleaner/wax after application because it may dull the finish. What exactly is meant by that statement?....were they talking about an actual cleaner wax or a wax that has cleaning abilities. Seems like a lot of LSPs these days are versatile and have some "cleaning" ability.

Right now I have NXT 2.0 and Mothers CG Synthetic and gold class carnauba plus. Does anyone know if these waxes have the "cleaning" that Sonus warns against or if their cleaners are so mild that it won't matter.

I am assuming Sonus just doesn't want an LSP to strip the polishing oils therefore causing a waste of product.

Any help would be appreciated and if someone has used this polish before that can recommend an LSP that works well with it let me know.

I am also ok for suggestions for very easy to work with pure waxes and sealants for under 20 bucks a bottle/can.

I am a weekend warrior who does everything by hand :)

Setec Astronomy
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Since SFX-3 is a finishing polish, I think the concern is that a wax with abrasive cleaners might be "working backwards" as Mike Phillips would say. I don't think any of those you mentioned would mar the results you will get from SFX-3 (however minimal those results may be if you have a Corvette and are working by hand).

If you want an easy sealant for less than 20 bucks you can't get any easier than this: Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4oz., paint sealant, liquid wax, car wax, paint sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-guard-plus-4.html)

The Guz
08-13-2014, 09:58 AM
From what I read over on the Meguiar's forum, NXT has no cleaners in it.