PDA

View Full Version : Does OPT Hyper Compound make OPT Compound obsolete?

FMINUS
08-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Why or/and why not?

Thejoyofdriving
08-05-2007, 01:23 AM
No. OPT HC(hyper compound) leaves a haze which needs to be followed up with a polish(according to AG). OPT C(compound) finishes like a polish and is less agressive then OPT HC. OPT C is sort of like a med-light compound and OPT HC is like a heavy compound, sometimes a heavy compund is not necassary and a med-light compund like OPT C is enough to get the job done. I have never used either products, I am getting this information from AG's product descriptions. Although I plan on getting some OPT C and polish.

MikeyC
08-05-2007, 08:09 AM
:iagree:

It's apples and oranges. OHC is more aggressive than OC. So, if you subscribe to the theory of "least aggressive method" then there will always be room for both products.

It's like asking if 2000 grit sand paper makes 3000 grit sandpaper obsolete.

ScottB
08-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I agree that both are needed and have their place.

dengood1
08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree. I just used some OC with a 5.5" LC orange cutting pad on my sisters dark green Durango and it was LSP ready after using it! As a matter of fact, I used PO106FF after the OC on one area and didn't notice much of a difference in looks....maybe just a little;)

FMINUS
08-05-2007, 12:31 PM
:pThank sfor the resposes guys, I thought I read that Hyper had a longer working time and that was the only difference between that and the regular compound. Sorry, it was late.