PDA

View Full Version : Wiping twice

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 06:08 AM
I wipe down rinseless wash or QD with WW then wipe down with dry low nap towel to dry up streaks. Can the latter step be eliminated? If this step could be eliminated it would be so much faster to go over the car

if I buy the cr spotless system and mix my products with it would it still streak since its not just water

CDot
08-13-2014, 07:14 AM
I wipe down rinseless wash or QD with WW then wipe down with dry low nap towel to dry up streaks. Can the latter step be eliminated? If this step could be eliminated it would be so much faster to go over the car

if I buy the cr spotless system and mix my products with it would it still streak since its not just water

I'm surprised you're getting streaks with a rinseless; all I need is the WW and I'm good. What rinseless/towels are you using?

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Ww towels from the rag company then I take low nap silver surfer for final wipe

wdmaccord
08-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I assume you are using the "Garry Dean" method? If so, wring out one of the MF as dry as you can (use it for the whole car unless it gets dirty). So wipe a couple panels with the sopping wet MF, go over with the damp MF, then dry with a WW. If I don't do this, the WW gets too wet through the process. I suppose you could switch out your WW once or twice through the process and eliminate the damp MF middle step.

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 08:00 AM
I think I understand what your saying but that's still the same isn't it. It's still 3 passes. Wet mitt or towel, then dry WW or wrung out WW then wipe with dry towel

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 08:11 AM
I don't put to much pressure on the towel cause I'm afraid of scratching. Maybe that's why I'm getting streaks on the second wipe

Skimmer0220
08-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Just what I have found that works with my ww is to spray the panel down then wipe clean with a ww towel then flip it to he other side and go back over the panel I then turn the towel back around and continue spraying the rest of the panels, this essentially keeps one side of the towel wet and the other side of the towel reasonably dry

wdmaccord
08-13-2014, 08:35 AM
I think I understand what your saying but that's still the same isn't it. It's still 3 passes. Wet mitt or towel, then dry WW or wrung out WW then wipe with dry towel

The first part of my post, yes, the 2nd part I mention, to eliminate the middle step, would be to use one WW for the roof, hood, and trunk, get a new WW for the driver's side, then get a new WW for the passenger's side. So, if you have at least 3 WW's, I think this would probably work for you to eliminate one step.

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 09:58 AM
I almost always have to wipe twice even with a dry towel. If not as soon as you pull the car into the sunlight theres the streaks

cleanmycorolla
08-13-2014, 10:09 AM
are you using distilled water in your solutions? eliminates streaking

wdmaccord
08-13-2014, 11:20 AM
I almost always have to wipe twice even with a dry towel. If not as soon as you pull the car into the sunlight theres the streaks

What rinseless wash are you using and at what dilution? I never have a problem with streaking, even if I don't dry perfectly. And I just use regular hose water (not distilled or filtered).

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
I've used dehumidifier water before. That's supposed to be distilled I think. I think I'm gonna invest in the cr spotless system

frankprozzoly
08-13-2014, 02:32 PM
I have meguiars express wash. Duragloss and onr

wdmaccord
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Of the 3, I have only used the duragloss (Blackfire is my other RW). 1 oz. per 2 gallons with hose water (or warm tap water in the winter). Never had streaking issues. Maybe water here isn't as hard as where you are though?

TurboToys
08-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Just wash it completely, then go back over with a towel in each hand, left for wet, right for dry, wipe left first and finish right, you should be able to speed up the process, but I know what you meam by streaking. The onr I use doesn't dry completely unless you key it air dry after the final Wipe

For the gd method,I use a gallon of distilled water, that way I dint get Easter spots while waiting to get to the drying part