PDA

View Full Version : New vehicle delivery questions

Pages : [1] 2

05RLS2
08-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Hello everyone. I've got a new Nissan Maxima that is in route being transferred from another dealer to the one I'm purchasing from. I'm sure the car has received a dealer wash once or twice already since it's been on a dealer lot, not fresh off the truck. When I made the deal on the car, I completely forgot to mention to the salesman not to let it be washed and detailed before I get it. I don't know if I should tell them not to detail it, because if there a flaws on the car and it is dirty I might not see them. Once I take delivery they more than likely they will not take responsibility if anything is scratched or chipped, and I wouldn't be able to exchange the car.

I don't like the idea of my brand new car going through a drive through wash with the cloth things hanging down. What would you all do?

This is my first new car, what should I mention to the dealer to make sure it doesn't end up looking messed up? Tell them no wash and interior cleaning, or let them do it?

davey g-force
08-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Tell them not to touch it. No washing or detailing or interior..

wdmaccord
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Have the salesperson drive with you to the nearest touchless wash then back to the dealership for inspection. Don't touch otherwise.

glh17
08-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I'd definitely go with touchless or nothing at all. I took my truck through one of those washes where the cloth (?) strips flap all over the vehicle a few weeks ago. My truck took a beating but I didn't notice any damage. My truck is a 2006 and white doesn't show alot.

I'd never have done it but due to circumstances beyond my control I had mud all over the tires, sides, and undercarriage. I needed something done to the undercarriage ASAP. The only touchless with undercarriage wash that I knew of closed a couple of years ago. I have found another one across town and I'll definitely go there if this happens again.

05RLS2
08-13-2014, 07:28 PM
If I call and tell the salesman, I'm sure he will think I'm crazy for saying don't touch the car, but oh well. He may not be the one who has control over what happens on deliverer either. I don't know the VIN number of the car yet, since the dealer is locating one with the same colors and options I want. The car hasn't arrived yet, but who should I speak to at the dealer to make sure it doesn't get washed and detailed?

I need to also mention no dealer advertising stickers on the car either.

05RLS2
08-14-2014, 10:53 AM
I called and told the salesman no washing or detailing the car. He seemed really surprised that I didn't want the car washed. I didn't want to come off as rude and say that your automatic carwash and dealer goons will just scratch up my brand new car in attempt to clean it. I also mentioned no dealer advertising on the back. He said the car may already have it from the other dealer, so I said to leave it as then. Hopefully the other dealer didn't run this car multiple times through the swirl wash.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-14-2014, 10:55 AM
If there is a dealer badge, they're usually fairly easy to remove (heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive, followed by dental floss or fishing line to remove it).

oldmodman
08-14-2014, 02:07 PM
There is a dealer near me that i used to drive by every morning.

And I really had to grit my teeth.

Every morning there were two lot guys out there hosing down all the cars in front of the dealership and drying them with the same drying towel. No soap that I could see, just the hose.
Every day............Poor cars:cry:

custmsprty
08-14-2014, 02:09 PM
There is a dealer near me that i used to drive by every morning.

And I really had to grit my teeth.

Every morning there were two lot guys out there hosing down all the cars in front of the dealership and drying them with the same drying towel. No soap that I could see, just the hose.
Every day............Poor cars:cry:

Sounds like a Nissan dealership near me, every car on their lot was swirled out to the max.

KMG
08-14-2014, 02:15 PM
We just purchased a new 2014 Kia Optima SX-T and it was the same situation. They had to dealer swap with another dealer, but I did tell them I did not want them clean the car once in their hands. Don't be surprised to see the car is already all messed up. Our car was a mess, however it is not cleaned up nicely and wearing CQuartz Finest.

HUMP DIESEL
08-14-2014, 02:26 PM
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4

HUMP

cfiiman
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzxvbt4lz4

hump

bwhahahahahahahahahahahhaha

SYMAWD
08-14-2014, 03:56 PM
It depends on the dealer. Where I work, the used cars get the spray and dry twice a week, but the new cars will never see a wash until they are sold and that is when they get a hand wash, clay, polish, wax, etc. done by an outside detail company.

davey g-force
08-14-2014, 04:11 PM
This

HUMP

:eek: OMG!!

05RLS2
08-14-2014, 07:14 PM
I am hoping that it hasn't been touched at all. I'm just worried that some amateur detailer hit the cars with a rotary. If I see any signs of that, I'm rejecting the car.

This

HUMP
OMG, now that is going to be playing in my mind before I pick the car up tomorrow. That is hack detailing at its finest