PDA

View Full Version : To wrap or not the wrap?

05RLS2
08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone, I'm taking delivery of a new Nissan Maxima in pearl white in the next few days. It's going to be my daily driver, not a garage queen or a car that I'm am going to be a perfectionist with. I'd like to keep it looking nice the best I can though.

I've never owned a Nissan vehicle before, so I have no idea on how easily the paint chips on them. Is the paint very strong on them from day to day driving? Would it be a good idea to get the front bumper wrapped with a film?

If so, can it be removed easily without damaging the paint later on? What would be a reasonable price to have the front bumper done?

BobbyG
08-12-2014, 06:54 PM
If you care about your daily driver the answer is surprisingly simple.......YES

They have pre-cut kits and I recommend you have it installed... $350

KneeDragr
08-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Im going to get one for my next DD to spare it from chips.

Price is all over the map. Some people charge what Bobby said, others want $2k for the same amount of work so shop around.

hernandez.art13
08-12-2014, 07:42 PM
There are so many potential jokes with the title of your thread 05RLS2. "Wrap or no Wrap" :laughing:

Back on topic: If I was going to clear bra my car, I would look for a top clear bra installer. Which would in turn would probably be top dollar.

Same thing for us Detailers. Go to a top detailer and pay top dollar or the opposite. There is always a middle ground too. So I would imagine the same for clear bra installers.

Quickstrike32
08-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I paid $600 to get the front, mirrors and door guards done on my Camry and have regretted it so far. The last couple washes have resulted in a haze and water spots on the film. I used ECO WW so maybe that is the culprit or it's crappy film.

swanicyouth
08-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Here is the low down...the CB will never look as good as naked paint, and it will also get "beat up" over time. It's just how it goes.

However, you will have good paint under that CB and can replace it when it doesn't look as good as it could. You also won't have to deal with chips - which are gonna happen.

The other thing is its real hard to find an AG quality installer. If your not going with pre-cut, make sure dude ain't razor blading the edges on your paint.

05RLS2
08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
There are so many potential jokes with the title of your thread 05RLS2. "Wrap or no Wrap" :laughing:

Back on topic: If I was going to clear bra my car, I would look for a top clear bra installer. Which would in turn would probably be top dollar.

Same thing for us Detailers. Go to a top detailer and pay top dollar or the opposite. There is always a middle ground too. So I would imagine the same for clear bra installers.
Yeah, I set myself up for that one.:laughing:

I paid $600 to get the front, mirrors and door guards done on my Camry and have regretted it so far. The last couple washes have resulted in a haze and water spots on the film. I used ECO WW so maybe that is the culprit or it's crappy film.
I have seen many cars with CBs that end up hazing and turning yellow also. I don't know if I would rather have that or deal with the chips as they occur.

If I get one, I'll see if I can do precut because I'm not letting anyone near the car with a razor. That's asking for problems to happen. Are there any good brands of film to look for?

Quickstrike32
08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I set myself up for that one.:laughing:

I have seen many cars with CBs that end up hazing and turning yellow also. I don't know if I would rather have that or deal with the chips as they occur.

If I get one, I'll see if I can do precut because I'm not letting anyone near the car with a razor. That's asking for problems to happen. Are there any good brands of film to look for?

Mine is Xpel from Skip Chips. It has a 10 year warranty against hazing, yellowing, peeling, etc. Toyota wanted $899 but I got them down to $599.

FUNX650
08-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Mine is Xpel
So is mine!
Get the XPel Ultimate PPF...you be so glad you did.

Note:
And make sure to get the headlight-lens' PPF as well!!
XPEL Headlight Protection Kit, Xpel headlight film, x-pel headlight protection film (http://www.autogeek.net/xpel-headlight-protection.html)

Bob