PDA

View Full Version : Time to stop trolling the forums and say hi

Pages : [1] 2

Pauly6401
08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
I've been very interested in the best way to take care of my car ever since I purchased a 2000 Corvette a few weeks ago. I've found the information here to be invaluable to protect my purchase, and I've placed my first order to keep my entire stable of vehicles in tip-top condition. I especially enjoy the show n' shine forum where I can see the drastic difference quality products and processes can make. In the past, I thought taking your car to be detailed just meant a good vacuuming and careful cleaning - I never knew you could bring back the paint to a level better than new!

You've sold me and now I have a big interest in getting any car I see back to the shape I know it can be in. See you around, and I will post my successes as they come!

Tonya
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome Paul!

Pauly6401
08-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks, Tonya! Who knew that the first replier to my first post would be from Beavercreek, Ohio - I just moved away after living there for 5 years! I miss it - Florida is just too humid for me :eek:

Someday, I am sure I will be back.

ScottB
08-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Paul , welcome !

The steps are easy ... the processes a little more involved. Study washing ... claying .... polishing ... and protecting and that red beauty will be the sparkle of the neighborhood for years to come.

gary26
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Welcome Paul, this is the place to be for car care.

07ImpalaSS
08-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Welcome. Hope you got a camera to take before and after pics. We love pics here, and lots of them.

Nica
08-04-2007, 11:47 PM
First of all welcome to AutoGeek Paul, glad to see that you saw the light :D.

Sounds like your off to the right start, already placed an order too nice...so um whacha ordered (if you don't mind me asking)? As you probably noticed we love pictures around here hahahaha...so the more you post the better :righton:

Looking forward to your posts.

Pauly6401
08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Sounds like your off to the right start, already placed an order too nice...so um whacha ordered (if you don't mind me asking)? As you probably noticed we love pictures around here hahahaha...so the more you post the better :righton:

I've got a camera, so there will be pictures!

I ordered some Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner, DP Waterless Auto Wash, DP Gel Wheel Cleaner, Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloths and a Porter Cable PC7424. I understand that this is a sponsored forum so let's just say that I have some competing products that I purchased before I discovered that this forum (and these products) existed. I'm going to go through those first (or at least try them out) before I start experimenting with the various different substances available here. I am, however, quite interested in seeing how the Pinnacle line works out, so I am sure I will be scouring the show n' shine forum and looking at what different people use for different jobs, and build my arsenal from there.

Two guys at work both drive SUVs that are 11 and 12 years old and have never been waxed (ever!), so they said I am more than welcome to try and bring those back to life because they want a nice-looking car but don't really want to buy a new one just yet. I'll definitely be documenting what can be done with those.

Looking forward to building up my skills and learning a lot, and sharing that progress with you guys along the way!

Tonya
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I've got a camera, so there will be pictures!

Two guys at work both drive SUVs that are 11 and 12 years old and have never been waxed (ever!), so they said I am more than welcome to try and bring those back to life because they want a nice-looking car but don't really want to buy a new one just yet. I'll definitely be documenting what can be done with those.

Looking forward to building up my skills and learning a lot, and sharing that progress with you guys along the way!

Well that should make for some great pics. 11 and 12 years old an never been waxed :eek: Can't wait to see thoses :Picture:

alban61
08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome, Paul! That's cool that you'll have the chance to work on those older SUV's. Nothing like an awesome turnaround to get you going!

dpk20x
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome!

bsmith0404
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
welcome...of course I have to ask why anyone would want a red corvette? j/k, check out my long term project post.

Meticulous-Detail
12-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Welcome to AGO.

SANTA3013
Welcome to GJ from NW Georgia!

Evan.J
Welcome to the forum!