PDA

View Full Version : Using only steam to clean interiors? (no cleaning chemicals)

Pages : [1] 2

fellipe
08-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I need the quickest (most efficient) way to clean a car's interior for my express mobile car wash business. Already ordered a steamer (Kleenjet 300CS). My idea is to only use steam to clean the cars' interiors (no cleaning chemicals at all).

How does that sound?

Znig22
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Sounds good to me, this is my method, I have 2 VX5000's in my 2 cleaning units. If the vehicle is in really bad shape I use a little APC sprayed into the microfiber that is wrapped around the "mop head" attachment.

jamesboyy
08-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a good plan if the vehicle is fairly spotless thought always have folex and a apc of choice that way you can perform the above method on fabrics or any other materials

fellipe
08-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Thank you!

fellipe
08-10-2014, 06:22 PM
One last question:
Does the steamer also make a vacuum unnecessary?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
08-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Steamer and vacuum are two completely different tools. A vacuum is a must.

Andr3wilson
08-10-2014, 07:38 PM
You NEED a vacuum to do an interior.

jamesboyy
08-10-2014, 08:11 PM
A vacuum is a must the interior would not be complete in a sense without a proper vacuuming, though if you don't have one yet look into shop vacs there cheapish, great, found local without breaking the bank

AeroCleanse
08-10-2014, 08:21 PM
A steamer and a vac is all you need to clean almost any interior.

TCFatboy
08-10-2014, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't say that only with steam you can clean any interior. You still need the help of APC's or even in some cases degreaser like to clean a mat floor, the carpet.

In nasty car interior's sure the help of APC's combined with the steam will work much better

AeroCleanse
08-11-2014, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't say that only with steam you can clean any interior. You still need the help of APC's or even in some cases degreaser like to clean a mat floor, the carpet.

In nasty car interior's sure the help of APC's combined with the steam will work much better

You don't need APC or degreasers if you know how to use the steamer correctly.

TurboToys
08-11-2014, 01:19 AM
You don't need APC or degreasers if you know how to use the steamer correctly.

how do you use a steamer "correctly" to remove old stains?

the difference in usage i've noted so far is which attachment, and how long you choose to hit that spot. although the use of a chemical on a spot seems to work very well combined with the steam, a superheated cleaning agent works very well.

AeroCleanse
08-11-2014, 10:50 AM
how do you use a steamer "correctly" to remove old stains?

Use the "pinhole" attachment and run the steam angled slightly down but more parallel to the stain. For fabrics this is the way.

TurboToys
08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Use the "pinhole" attachment and run the steam angled slightly down but more parallel to the stain. For fabrics this is the way.

right, i've seen that done. basically you blow it out and catch it with a rag, instead of picking it up with a microfiber after loosening it.

the steamer i have seems to do that alright, but doesn't quite have the same pressure capabilities as the bigger ones that can blast it right out.

my guess would be you need something with 60psi or higher pressure to get it to fling out like that, otherwise you would have to use the brush head with cloth on it to draw it out decent. that did work well for me though

process for my cheaper steamer was spraying carpet with an apc or carpet cleaner, doing a light scrub after let it dwell, then using the brush/fiber attachment to pick it up

AeroCleanse
08-11-2014, 12:58 PM
right, i've seen that done. basically you blow it out and catch it with a rag, instead of picking it up with a microfiber after loosening it.

the steamer i have seems to do that alright, but doesn't quite have the same pressure capabilities as the bigger ones that can blast it right out.

my guess would be you need something with 60psi or higher pressure to get it to fling out like that, otherwise you would have to use the brush head with cloth on it to draw it out decent. that did work well for me though

process for my cheaper steamer was spraying carpet with an apc or carpet cleaner, doing a light scrub after let it dwell, then using the brush/fiber attachment to pick it up

In your situation, spray Folex over the area, then steam with a towel of some kind over the head, works amazingly.