PDA

View Full Version : Aio...?

Josh Keller
08-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Couple of quick questions about using AIOs and glazes.

Could I use an AIO, like Mothers California Gold Brazillian Cleaner Wax, then use Mothers California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze, and then finally use Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax? I would be apply all products mentioned, by hand.

Would it be a better choice to use Mothers California Gold Pure Polish instead of the AIO?

Eventually, I would like to purchase a DA and use Pinnacle XMT 360, Pinnacle XMT Finishing Glaze, and Pinnacle XMT 180 as an LSP. Just trying to educate myself on the correct process.

Thanks for the help.

Znig22
08-10-2014, 05:48 PM
I would only do a AIO with a DA, I can't see any benefit by hand considering how hard most clears are today. My AIO I'm using right now is Meg D151, easy on, easy off.

LaFawnduh
08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
If planning to use an AIO, then all those other products, it defeats the purpose a bit. In your mothers example, you are cleaning/polishing/protecting, then glazing over your protection, then protecting again. If using an AIO, you can add another topper of a more in depth protection but if you are already doing a 3-step system, might as well just use a true cleaner/polish, then polish/glaze ,then wax. AIO is more to avoid multiple steps, you know?

FUNX650
08-10-2014, 06:30 PM
•An AIO is used to clean, polish, and supply an amount of an LSP.

•If I were you and was going to use the products listed:
-First use the AIO (Mothers California Gold Brazillian Cleaner Wax)
-Then apply a layer of Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax...for an extra dose of LSP.

Bob

mwoolfso
08-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Couple of quick questions about using AIOs and glazes.

Could I use an AIO, like Mothers California Gold Brazillian Cleaner Wax, then use Mothers California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze, and then finally use Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax? I would be apply all products mentioned, by hand.

Would it be a better choice to use Mothers California Gold Pure Polish instead of the AIO?

Eventually, I would like to purchase a DA and use Pinnacle XMT 360, Pinnacle XMT Finishing Glaze, and Pinnacle XMT 180 as an LSP. Just trying to educate myself on the correct process.

Thanks for the help.

So this is your process:

1. Mothers CG Cleaner Wax
2. Mothers CG Micro-Polishing Glaze
3- Mothers CG Pure Carnauba Wax

You could do this but #2 will take off the wax applied in the previous step, and odds are good you would mix the wax with the sealant properties in the glaze. It may not be too bad, really. I have used both and each are mild. Mother's would tell you to replace #1 with their Pure Polish.

More traditional methods call for you to do #1 -or- #2, and then follow with #3. If you have never "cleaned" the paint before then do the #1/#3 combo (clay first). All these products will work fine by hand and you will get some filling ability with #1 and #2.

Pureshine
08-10-2014, 08:24 PM
This is Auto Finesse Tripple done by hand and I mostly use a DA to apply only takes a couple quick passes.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o580/kicku9/Auto%20Finesse%20AIO/DSC_0390_zps16e0adc3.jpg (http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/kicku9/media/Auto%20Finesse%20AIO/DSC_0390_zps16e0adc3.jpg.html)

VP Mark
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
This is Auto Finesse Tripple done by hand and I mostly use a DA to apply only takes a couple quick passes.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o580/kicku9/Auto%20Finesse%20AIO/DSC_0390_zps16e0adc3.jpg (http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/kicku9/media/Auto%20Finesse%20AIO/DSC_0390_zps16e0adc3.jpg.html)

Im guessing this is mostly fill? Triple has a lot of fill in my limited experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

Pureshine
08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Im guessing this is mostly fill? Triple has a lot of fill in my limited experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

Not really! When I do black cars it doesn't hide anything really at all. It cleans up very light scratches and lays down a wax. I just did a black BMW x3 yesterday with it and it brings a lot os shine but doesn't hide much really at all. I don't like stuff that hides everything I think its false advertisement. I let customers know that its not going to show scratches once the paint is cleaned up.

dlc95
08-10-2014, 10:06 PM
From what I understand about Mothers Micro Polishing Glaze, is that is contains a micro abrasive, which will probably aid in cleaning while the glazing part of the product will fill in some of the defects.

That product followed by the pure carnauba should look pretty nice.

Of course, I've often done a cleaner wax followed by a pure wax type of product.

Mizzoutiger
08-10-2014, 10:12 PM
My fav AIO (clean, correct, protect) is Klasse AIO...apply by hand or DA like PC7424. As synthetic, Klasse will provide exceptional durability.

KBsToy
08-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Optimum GPS or XMT 360....

sunday joe
08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
•An AIO is used to clean, polish, and supply an amount of an LSP.

•If I were you and was going to use the products listed:
-First use the AIO (Mothers California Gold Brazillian Cleaner Wax)
-Then apply a layer of Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax...for an extra dose of LSP.

Bob

Right on. It looks good. not a show car, but fine for a daily driver.