PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility question

Ebg18t
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I have been using the OPT No Rinse wash & wax for rinse less washing. I really like it. But here is my question. I polished/compounded the truck today with Menzerna PG and sealed it with 2 coats of Menzerna PL (8hrs apart). If I continue to do a rainless wash with the OPT product can I add another layer of Menzerna PL next time I wash? Or will the OPT wash interfere?

pld
08-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Very,very good question

cleanmycorolla
08-10-2014, 11:19 AM
you'll be fine. and if for some strange reason it doesn't work, it's not like all the protection falls off the car and drips on the floor. Rock and roll, and have fun!

Ebg18t
08-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks Chris. I didn't know what was in the OPT product, but on the other hand I wasn't sure how particular a Menzerna PL was. I read about people having hazing and greasy looking issues and just wanted to prevent problems.

The Menzerna PL goes on quick and easy with the Flex and comes off just as easy.

FUNX650
08-10-2014, 11:48 AM
sealed it with 2 coats of Menzerna PL (8hrs apart)

If I continue to do a rainless wash with the OPT product

can I add another layer of Menzerna PL next time I wash?
Or will the OPT wash interfere?
By interfere...
Is this alluding to:Bonding issues?

•First of all:
-Menzerna PL is recommended to be applied to "clean" paint...where it then is said to bond to the paint.

-Yet it is often applied/"layered" on top of itself.
Does/can Menzerna PL bond to itself?

So:
Applying (layering) Menzerna PL on top of ONRWW?
IMO:
You can never have too much gloss; or protection.

Bob

Ebg18t
08-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Bob - yes, bonding is what I should have said. It is quick and easy to apply, so ever few washes I would like to reapply Menzerna PL. Keep in mind this could be several months between application as I don't always wash the truck as often as I should.

Kamakaz1961
08-10-2014, 02:14 PM
You should not have any issues of applying another coat of Menz PL. Since you state that you will re-apply once every few months would be my concern. Is there oxidation or dirt that needs to be clayed (or Nanoskin in my case) off? That would be the main issue. for the PL not a problem IMO

Ebg18t
08-11-2014, 05:18 AM
You should not have any issues of applying another coat of Menz PL. Since you state that you will re-apply once every few months would be my concern. Is there oxidation or dirt that needs to be clayed (or Nanoskin in my case) off? That would be the main issue. for the PL not a problem IMO

The paint was clayed today (usually 1x a gear) before I used the Menzerna PG. Except for the rear boot, the remainder of the truck was surprisingly pretty clear of contaminants.

Depending on my schedule I 'may' want to apply another coat of Menzerna PL next weekend. It appears from what others are saying, I shouldn't have any problem with the ONRWW interfering with another layer of Menzerna PL.

Mike Phillips
08-11-2014, 06:15 AM
If I continue to do a rainless wash with the OPT product can I add another layer of Menzerna PL next time I wash?

Or will the OPT wash interfere?

The question of whether the trace film of whatever magic is in OPT affecting the bonding of the Menzerna Powerlock would be the least of my worries.

Jut that act of pushing a creamy substance over a paint finish has a cleaning effect....

Miscible and Immiscible - Wax and Paint Sealant Bonding (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Ebg18t
08-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks Mike. I figured it was better to ask then continue to wonder if I screwed up.