PDA

View Full Version : Reload Streaks No Matter What I Try

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tector
08-10-2014, 07:28 AM
I have searched on reload and streaking and have tried all of your suggestions, but I still get streaking on my black car. The LSP on the car is WDGPS. Is Reload fussy about what you use it over?

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Yes, it is. You don't really want to use a silica-based coating on top of a wax or sealant. You're better off stripping that LSP off.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
08-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Just to clarify, I ALWAYS dilute my Reload for black cars. 1:1 and I never apply it over anything except a coating or use it as a standalone LSP.

mg6045
08-10-2014, 08:33 AM
I ALWAYS dilute Reload 1:1 also. Except I do this for every color vehicle. Besides less streaking it just makes the product much more enjoyable overall.

IMO the product is way to concentrated to use neat out of the bottle.

And yes, the product absolutely does not work well over most oil rich LSP's whether that be a sealant or a wax. Its easy to tell because it just wont wipe off no matter what. It leaves a hazy mess that sticks like glue and just push's around. I never apply it without an Eraser wipe down right before hand. Even if the car is stripped clean and washed.

Heres the problem though, as soon as I though I got Reload figured out they went and changed the formula. I received V2 a couple weeks ago. Immediately I felt the product is even MORE concentrated. 1:1 brought back memories of V1 used neat. It left a hazy, streaky mess. So now i'm at a loss with the new formula...

HD.Detailing
08-10-2014, 08:42 AM
same issue, here is what Corey told me to do, Number 4 seems to be the ticket...

Reload Tips:

1. Shake well
2. Spray only the amount needed for one section
3. IMMEDIATELY spread the product out with a short nap Microfiber Towel (see our Microfiber Madness Slogger) and immediately buff in and off.
4. IMPORTANT: Using a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile towel) which will stay dry throughout as your final wipe towel. Buff the area once more to be sure no streak whatsoever remains.
5. Move to next section and repeat.

HD.Detailing
08-10-2014, 08:45 AM
I ALWAYS dilute Reload 1:1 also. Except I do this for every color vehicle. Besides less streaking it just makes the product much more enjoyable overall.

did that hinder the longevity?

HD.Detailing
08-10-2014, 08:47 AM
I have a question... I'm fairly new to the coatings and I've been told to apply reload to a coating to help prevent water spotting during the curing days.

I use 22ple how soon after application could I apply reload without hurting the coating?

mg6045
08-10-2014, 08:58 AM
did that hinder the longevity?

I dont believe so. Products like this work by filling in and leveling out any pores in the paint. only so much product is needed for it to be effective and soak in and bond.

Being that the product is water based you are not counter acting the carrier like if you got water in the mix with a solvent based product causing it to just fall off the paint.

Adding water to reload just helps move the product around more effectively before it flash's/dries. When it hits the paint the active ingredients still do their job. the water is just the carrier for the protectent. And in my experience if the product is used neat it soaks in very unevenly and flash's so fast that you dont have enough time to spread it around. the streaking still occurs on light colored cars its just not easy to see.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I use 22ple how soon after application could I apply reload without hurting the coating?

You wait an hour for CQuartzUK before applying Reload, so it follows the same approximate time period would work for OC, 22ple, etc.

FUNX650
08-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I have a question... I'm fairly new to the coatings and I've been told to apply reload to a coating to help prevent water spotting during the curing days.

I realize that water-spotting can happen on vehicles' surfaces. But I do wonder:
Why would any Coating need a "helper" to ward off
water-spotting...especially if that helper is a Sealant?

Bob

mg6045
08-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I realize that water-spotting can happen...But I do wonder:

Bob

IME most coatings have a major problem with water spot staining the paint FASTER than wax's and sealants. Its obviously easily avoided by not letting water dry on the car. But if you were to get water on the car while the coating is curing they will not come off without taking the coating off.

I personally stopped using coatings because of the staining problems I experienced with the early Cquartz (before they added reload to the top layer as a solution) and Opti-Coat. Personally Opti-coat was the last straw. That stuff would cause water staining from RAIN WATER alone. There were times that I had to wash the car before putting it away if it rained out otherwise the car would dry and be stained anywhere a water bead sat.

CarPro is the ONLY manufacturer that I have seen responsively address the problem with product like RELOAD and Spotless.

The only scientific reasoning I have come across about the coatings having a major problem with water spot staining is this article discussing 22ple

Its a fairly long read, but worth it to coating fans :

"In a nutshell, because true glass coats lay down an inorganic protective layer completely free of oils, waxes and organic polymers (all of which help to prevent dissolved minerals in rainfall and rinse water from precipitating out of solution), they are prone to water spots developing on them whenever water is left to evaporate off of them naturally. As a result, it’s really important to dry off thoroughly after each wash (or else use 0 ppm filtered water for the final rinse), and it’s also a good idea to introduce a little oil and polymer/wax content to protected surfaces using a quick detailing spray, as this will help to prevent rainfall from causing spots between washes. I’ve tried both methods (pure rinse water & no drying off versus drying off fully and quick detailing) on my C30, and in the first case no spotting occurred after the rinse (but subsequently did with rainfall) and in the second case no spotting occurred at all (using Werkstat Acrylic Glos as my quick detailer). "

"With regard to the above tests, the spotting in the first case (pure rinse water & no drying off) wasn’t particularly noticeable, and came off easily with just normal strength shampoo suds during the next wash. However, it’s worth remembering that my car is white, and that water spotting on a darker coloured car may become baked on more firmly on sunny days. In such cases, the spots may become difficult to remove without recourse to light abrasive polishing, which is the last thing you really want to have to do. Therefore, in summary, I would strongly suggest that the best aftercare scheme for all glass coats is to dry them off thoroughly and quick detail them after every wash. As you might well expect, a 22PLE quick detailer is already in the latter stages of development and should be out by the end of the year. In the meantime, any of the quick detailers we stock will suffice."

HD.Detailing
08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I realize that water-spotting can happen on vehicles' surfaces. But I do wonder:

Bob

Once the coating has been on the car for at least a week or so, no prob with spots.. it's just the 1st week where it gets tricky.

You wait an hour for CQuartzUK before applying Reload, so it follows the same approximate time period would work for OC, 22ple, etc.

thanks, will try that on a spot buff and reapplication on my car.

FUNX650
08-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Once the coating has been on the car for at least a week or so, no prob with spots.. it's just the 1st week where it gets tricky.

Why is that?
Is this "1st week trickiness" regarding water-spotting applicable to each and every Coating?

Where has this hypothesis been proven?

Bob

Avi@CarPro
08-10-2014, 10:19 AM

IMO the product is way to concentrated to use neat out of the bottle.

And yes, the product absolutely does not work well over most oil rich LSP's whether that be a sealant or a wax. Its easy to tell because it just wont wipe off no matter what. It leaves a hazy mess that sticks like glue and just push's around. I never apply it without an Eraser wipe down right before hand. Even if the car is stripped clean and washed.

Heres the problem though, as soon as I though I got Reload figured out they went and changed the formula. I received V2 a couple weeks ago. Immediately I felt the product is even MORE concentrated. 1:1 brought back memories of V1 used neat. It left a hazy, streaky mess. So now i'm at a loss with the new formula...

Hi

yes lately we launched the new Reload for 2014,
AG has it in stock i believe as well.
new version has more Silane in it and more bonding materials ,
durability will last much longer now and will resist better acids and alkyl base chemicals , between 4~12 pH
i would say durability will last now between 4~6 months.!!

the application is the same!! the key point for non streaking the paint is using 2 microfibers!!
1 only for wiping on while flipping sides between each panel and one fresh new for wiping off!
surface need to be cool and in shade.

you can spray more over the surface! "less is more" doesnt work here !!! . it will streak if you spray very economic since it will dry faster.

do not wait to cure after spray! , once sprayed start wiping on.. and off.
in this method you will get 100% non streak cover. undiluted and on black car even.

this video we made lately show the difference between existed Reload to the new version :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxARI5IaQU8

any questions are welcome.:xyxthumbs:

Avi

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Where has this hypothesis been proven?

Bob

It hasn't been proven - "it follows" implies "it would make sense". They're all silica-based coatings, and all perform similarly in terms of characteristics.