PDA

View Full Version : Round, up and down or right left application

Swift
08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
This relates to application of care care products (polish, sealant, wax etc) by hand. So, when I read about Collinite 845 manufacture application guide, it says product to be applied in a circular motion. Other day I was looking at a video of How to Apply sealant, it suggested, sealant is to be applied in direction of wind flow. These two recommendation got be curious.

When applying Polish, should one go in circular motion or right to left and visa versa?

Sealant or waxes?

How much difference does it makes if one goes only goes circular and not right left or up-down motion? What about going right/left or up down and don't go circular way.

:xyxthumbs:

conman1395
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
There are different techniques, theres back and forth, z method, circular, but it shouldn't matter as long as the media is paint safe. Doing circular motions may make it easier to ensure coverage versus left and right. I use a DA when I can. Otherwise I don't get too worked up about it

DaHen
08-08-2014, 02:02 PM
The good old circular application has been the best form for me. Have used it since day one.
Tried the "direction of wind flow" technique, but my arm would not allow that, lol.