PDA

View Full Version : Klasse-Sonus Experts

Pages : [1] 2

Ron_A
08-08-2014, 09:03 AM
After having used the Klasse twins exclusively for 10+ years, this past spring I branched out and bought the Sonus Glyde product as a refresh topping for the Klasse sealant. However, after using Sonus Glyde monthly for the past four months I am starting to question the wisdom of topping the sealant with it.

It seems to me the durability and water repellency of the Klasse sealant has been compromised. Whereas before with the sealant alone I would get 8+ months of protection, now after 4 months of using Sonus Glyde the protection appears to be gone a week after topping.

Perhaps I am just unfamiliar with the product and its results but I do not like thinking there is 'nothing' there now. What has been others experience with the Sonus Glyde product? Results as claimed?

Setec Astronomy
08-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Glyde is a clay lubricant.

Do you mean Acrylic Glanz, the spray sealant? I find that product difficult to use, try DG Aquawax as a similar but easier to use product.

swanicyouth
08-08-2014, 09:11 AM

Hence the name "Glyde"

Klasse Act
08-08-2014, 09:33 AM
I've been using Klasse since 05' and have topped it with many, many products and its a general consensious that you can just about ANYTHING ontop of it. I have to admit that in my 2+ yrs here on AG I'm a self admitted "product waster" but with that said my previous cars have benefited from it greatly, LOL! Only until this year with my new car have I "throttled back" doing this.

I may actually do a Klasse twins combo on my car next spring as a "throw back" as its the first product line I used outside of Megs which was my favorite line years ago.

Anywho, when you get the time and chance, maybe wait a while and do a good wash, paint decontamination and re-apply KAIO and maybe 2-3 coats of KSG, waiting the normal 12 hrs between coats of KSG. Keep ups posted, I'm subscribed!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

JHL88
08-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Do you mean Acrylic Glanz, the spray sealant? I find that product difficult to use, try DG Aquawax as a similar but easier to use product.

Really? Acrylic Glanz is actually one of my favorite spray sealant/DS.

Setec Astronomy
08-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Really? Acrylic Glanz is actually one of my favorite spray sealant/DS.

What's that saying? To each his own? I bought mine a long, long time ago, perhaps it's different now. I find it flashes too fast, and overspray dries and stays (so spray it on a towel away from the car). AW is just a lot easier to level out.

Desertnate
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM

I'm starting to lose faith in Glanz too. After my last usage a couple of weeks ago, I realized how easily it streaks and I'm not convinced it does much to the shine. I do find that Spritz to be great QD when working with Klasse.

I've found Meg's UQW produces much better results and is far easier to apply. I can't wait to try Aquawax.

Ron_A
08-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes I meant Glanz, my bad, not enough coffee this morning!

Ron_A
08-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Anywho, when you get the time and chance, maybe wait a while and do a good wash, paint decontamination and re-apply KAIO and maybe 2-3 coats of KSG, waiting the normal 12 hrs between coats of KSG. Keep ups posted, I'm subscribed!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

That was my regular routine for years and I would get 8+ months of protection. I thought topping with Glanz would extend that to 12 months before doing another cycle, but it seems to me not to be the case as the shine/look, ease of cleaning and water repellency all seem to have lessened considerably since using it versus just the Klasse sealant alone, all else being the same. Perhaps I am just unfamiliar with the product.

JHL88
08-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm starting to lose faith in Glanz too. After my last usage a couple of weeks ago, I realized how easily it streaks and I'm not convinced it does much to the shine. I do find that Spritz to be great QD when working with Klasse.

I've found Meg's UQW produces much better results and is far easier to apply. I can't wait to try Aquawax.

Interesting. I fine it adds a lot of gloss to my greystone metallic paint and it lasts a good while. At the same time it is very anti-static IME. I actually haven't noticed any streaking, I just make sure i spread it with a MF towel flip it over and buff off.

Setec Astronomy
08-08-2014, 10:27 AM
There are tons of nice spray waxes/sealant, the problem I see is making sure it is Klasse-compatible since you say you are a dedicated user and might want to reapply SG on top of your Glanzed/spraywaxed surface?

Desertnate
08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
That was my regular routine for years and I would get 8+ months of protection. I thought topping with Glanz would extend that to 12 months before doing another cycle, but it seems to me not to be the case as the shine/look, ease of cleaning and water repellency all seem to have lessened considerably since using it versus just the Klasse sealant alone, all else being the same. Perhaps I am just unfamiliar with the product.

I've never had Glanz shorten the life of Klasse SG or reduce the sheeting/beading action of water on the surface. Were you judging the water behavior based on a clean car? I've found even a light layer of dust and pollen to kill water beading.

I will agree with your comments on the shine/look of the product. Until recently it was the only quick wax-like product I'd ever used. Now that I've used Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax, I've seen how those quick topper products are supposed to behave. After my last application of Glanz I felt it almost dulled/muted the shine. I'd observed the same results in the past, but thought I was crazy and it was all in my head. Now I know it's not the case.

swanicyouth
08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
If your looking for something that improves the water behavior & look of pretty much any product you put it on - try Sonax BSD.

Ron_A
08-08-2014, 11:34 AM
There are tons of nice spray waxes/sealant, the problem I see is making sure it is Klasse-compatible since you say you are a dedicated user and might want to reapply SG on top of your Glanzed/spraywaxed surface?

Yes the intent was to stay Klasse 'compatible' and to be able to apply another layer of Klasse sealant if I wanted.

Desertnate
08-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Yes the intent was to stay Klasse 'compatible' and to be able to apply another layer of Klasse sealant if I wanted.

My general rule is I won't apply any product between LSP layer applications (even if it's a couple of weeks) to avoid this type of issue. Once I have my layers completed and cured, it's game on!