PDA

View Full Version : Steam cleaner for mobile business?

fellipe
08-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Hello everyone. I'm planning to start a mobile express car wash business. I'm still in the learning/research phase, so please be patient :)

So far I've learned that I'll use mainly ONR. As I'll do only express wash and clean (I'm not comfy to call it detailing).

Since speed is an important issue, I've read about the wonders of steamers. I've already discarded using steamer for the exterior, as it's not as fast and efficient as a rinseless method (and it'd require a really powerful and expensive machine).

But it seems a steamer is GREAT for interiors, some hard-to-reach parts and wheels.

So my first question is: Is the above right?

If it is, I'd like to know if a steam in the class of Dupray Tosca or Daimer Kleenjet 300CS or the VX5000 would suffice and not only help me clean the interior but also speed up the overall process.

The above machines all feature an average of 70psi. Would any of them be good for my business? Or should I really save and get a more powerful steamer ie. the Dupray Hill Injection?

I appreciate all help.

Thank you.

VP Mark
08-08-2014, 10:17 AM
All of those steamers will work great. For frame of reference however I use. Sub $200 McCulloch 1385 on a daily basis and it does everything I need and more. Just something to think about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

fellipe
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
All of those steamers will work great. For frame of reference however I use. Sub $200 McCulloch 1385 on a daily basis and it does everything I need and more. Just something to think about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

Thank you, Mark.
All the best.

STPETEDALE
08-08-2014, 07:00 PM
I would put continuous refill as the number 1 must have for your situation. Besides name brands I mainly look at watts. Maybe a unit that is a vaccum and steamer in one to eliminate a step.Some companies are totally out of wack with prices and should be eliminated from your list altogether.

fellipe
08-09-2014, 08:55 AM
I would put continuous refill as the number 1 must have for your situation. Besides name brands I mainly look at watts. Maybe a unit that is a vaccum and steamer in one to eliminate a step.Some companies are totally out of wack with prices and should be eliminated from your list altogether.

Thanks for your advice. I decided to go with the Daimer Kleenjet 300CS.