PDA

View Full Version : Opti Coat 2.0 question

jerber1
08-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Is one 1 box of this stuff enough to do a 4 door sedan and its wheels?

David Hayward
08-08-2014, 07:01 AM
It should be 20cc and you should have no issues doing a medium sized sedan and the wheels with that. The last car I did was a Subaru wrx wagon with a little over 10cc including the face of the wheels.

Evan.J
08-08-2014, 07:36 AM
It's plenty!

Pureshine
08-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Most cars I do it takes about 5cc with wheels and a min van took just over 10cc with wheels.

Dr_Pain
08-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Most cars I do it takes about 5cc with wheels and a min van took just over 10cc with wheels.
:whs:

jerber1
08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
So I put Opti Coat on my paint and wheels. It was surprisingly easy! and looks great. Question though, for maintenance and improve gloss/shine do I NEED to use Optimum Instant Detailer or will any quick detailer do? I also dont want to decrease durability using the wrong products on it

cleanmycorolla
08-09-2014, 09:53 PM
So I put Opti Coat on my paint and wheels. It was surprisingly easy! and looks great. Question though, for maintenance and improve gloss/shine do I NEED to use Optimum Instant Detailer or will any quick detailer do? I also dont want to decrease durability using the wrong products on it

no product, except polishes will hurt the opti coat, any qd will be fine.

jerber1
08-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I must say, I think I might not be going back to wax ever again. This stuff is pretty awesome!

FUNX650
08-10-2014, 09:54 PM
So I put Opti Coat on my paint and wheels. It was surprisingly easy! and looks great.

Question though, for maintenance and improve gloss/shine do I NEED to use Optimum Instant Detailer or will any quick detailer do?
If it looks great...why are you already wanting to improve upon its gloss/shine?

I also dont want to decrease durability using the wrong products on it
I would also be concerned about changing it's other characteristics...
Especially before it has had time to totally cure!

I must say, I think I might not be going back to wax ever again. This stuff is pretty awesome!
Who are you trying to kid...
You are already wanting to use QDs. LOL!

Bob

jerber1
08-10-2014, 10:38 PM
If it looks great...why are you already wanting to improve upon its gloss/shine?

I would also be concerned about changing it's other characteristics...
Especially before it has had time to totally cure!

Who are you trying to kid...
You are already wanting to use QDs. LOL!

Bob

Like most, I am always in search of the "holy Grail" shine or if it could get better, and keeping the shine . Even yourself, Im sure your happy with your results , but come on the forums to see if it could get just a little better. I will wait 1 month before anything will touch the paint as directed by Optimum :dblthumb2:

jerber1
08-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Bob
As stated in my first comment, I am looking for maintenance. To keep the luster at its best. Reading thoroughly is always good:xyxthumbs: