PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon

foneguy
08-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Good morning all !!
Don't post often, but read always .....
A big thank you to all that make this forum great !!!
I am ordering a foam cannon today, what is the best soap / shampoo for it and what amount to use ?

Thanks for your help !!

Bunky
08-08-2014, 05:51 AM
The best foamers are soaps like Chem Guys Honeydew but if you want an all around good soap (good in bucket, foam gun, foam cannon) try something like Optimum Car Wash or the economical Meguiars Hyperwash. You usually just use 2 to 3 ounces in the reservoir or about 1:10.

swanicyouth
08-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Honeydew. Get a gallon.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Honeydew for non coated vehicles, CarPro Reset for coated.

foneguy
08-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks, that's 2 votes for the honeydew... Basically looks like I can use it in my bucket or the foam cannon... Sounds good so far....

Any more suggestions ??

RobertJ34
08-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Optimum car wash is great all around, foams nice. As well as the honeydew and chem guys mr. pink

I recently used CarPro reset (since my car is coated) nice foam also.

Detailers power wash (wash and wax) foams pretty nice too, used that recently on my pops' car.

runrun411
08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I am fairly new to the foam cannon game also. Let me tell you that you're going to love it. IMO

For removing waxes and sealants: CG Citrus Red, Car Pro Snow Foam.
For Maintaining waxes and sealants: CG Honeydew, CG Mr. Pink, Garry Dean's The Perfect Soap.

EVOlved
08-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I am fairly new to the foam cannon game also. Let me tell you that you're going to love it. IMO

For removing waxes and sealants: CG Citrus Red, Car Pro Snow Foam.
For Maintaining waxes and sealants: CG Honeydew, CG Mr. Pink, Garry Dean's The Perfect Soap.

I've had great luck with Red and Honeydew as well. Bought the gallons. Hyper wash is my next buy I think.

brondondolon
08-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I've had great luck with Red and Honeydew as well. Bought the gallons. Hyper wash is my next buy I think.

Ive used both. IMO hyper wash foamed up just as much if not more and i felt it broke down dirt better and hung around longer.