PDA

View Full Version : Hat's Off To All You Driveway Detailers -- Porsche Turbo Today

Pages : [1] 2

Totoland Mach
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Gee, I've gotten spoiled working in a shop environment: Lift to raise a car, compressed air, air conditioning if it's too hot outside...u-name-it. I have a doctor that wanted his Turbo Porsche done and took the job.

Holeee Moleeee.....it was in the 90's, no fan, worked on the garage floor all day, but the car came out stunning. Plus I got a bunch of Zaino samples to try, so this was a good opportunity to give them an evaluation run.

I washed and clayed the car (which is a driver's Porsche...no garage queen) and found 2 burns on the paint from a previous detail at a renowned Mercedes/Porsche dealership (so much for quality work there).

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/PorscheTurboGray_Start.jpg

Burned are from previous detail:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/PorscheTurboGray_PriorBurn.jpg

First up was the Zaino Fusion Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Tried it on a quarter panel and maybe it was me or the Metabo rotary, but it loaded up on the pad and left caked product on the finish. So, unless somebody can steer me in the right usage, it's not for me. I switched pads to good old Meguiar's #83 and a polish pad. Zoomed right through the rest of the car without problem.

Next up was Zaino's All in One Polish and Sealant. I really liked this stuff for the finish smoothness, but I believe Pinnacle XMT 360 would do just as well IMO.

Final Application was Z5. I gotta admit, it really adds a glossy appearance to the finish. The customer is going to give me feedback on the durability of Zaino.

Here's a completed pic:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/PorscheTurboGray_After.jpg

I gotta give you folks that do this every day in the heat a big :righton:

See you later all.

Toto

Tonya
08-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Great as always!!! Will you do it again, or will you stick to the A/C and lift from now on?

Cobra04
08-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Ive enjoyed working out in the hot sun the past few weeks. Get a nice tan :D I sweat like crazy though....i keep a MF near me all the time when polishing or waxing/sealing so sweat doesnt drip off my face and onto where im working...lol. At the end of the day though...im tired... :D

Totoland Mach
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Great as always!!! Will you do it again, or will you stick to the A/C and lift from now on?

Both Tonya. I've got some more Bimmers to do in the shop, and have a black AMG Mercedes lined up along with a 1941 Packard (I believe it's been repainted with a single stage enamel, but will test a panel).

Toto

klumzypinoy
08-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Nice job Toto :D That's too bad a Mercedes/Porsche dealership burnt the paint. I'd make them give me a respray!

07ImpalaSS
08-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Looking good.

Gary Sword
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Great job and yes you are spoiled Toto!

Nica
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Very nice Toto, always enjoy your work my friend. I'm with you Toto, I honestly don't know how mobile detailers do it, it's a hard job to do fasing all the elements. That vehicle looks great, so reflective.

Thank you for sharing.

LazerRed1
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Great as always. If you come across agood wheel repair guy in the area that can hand a curb rashed Volk, pm me the info.

I've always wished for a lift while I'm laying on the floor killing my back. Bet it spoils you.

Dust2Glory
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Ya detailing in 95-110 degree weather sucks but you get use to it. and you get a wicked farmers tan!!! lol that's why i have a 10x20 canopy i can set up if need be. Mr. Toto great looking detail, always impressed with ur work. awesome and flawless

ZoranC
08-05-2007, 01:41 AM
i keep a MF near me all the time when polishing or waxing/sealing so sweat doesnt drip off my face and onto where im working
Try a headband.

HighEndDetail
08-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Nice work on the porsche, he should get some good durabilty with the zaino

And as D2G stated
Ya detailing in 95-110 degree weather sucks but you get use to it. and you get a wicked farmers tan!!!
But I haven't gotten used to the heat yet:D

Totoland Mach
08-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I gotta be extra careful with the heat. I'm a 63 year old diabetic and have to watch my blood sugar levels (they can drop drastically when I'm working in the heat). So, I keep some sugar pills handy.

Toto

Bulla2000
08-05-2007, 07:48 AM
@Toto: always doing a great job

Dust2Glory
08-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Try a headband.

that's what I do!!! kind of retro but helps keep sweat out of eyes and off paint!:righton:

Under Armor are the best, thick and absorb sweat, but also releases by wickering process